gsr into 92 hb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

alright....i am going to be doing a jdm gsr comp. swap with the lsd tranny. i will have 1500 left over after the swap. i want to save about 500 to buy new seats and other int/ext mods but my question is, what should i spend the left over 1000 on to make my car as quick as possible? i want to be running high 13's to low 14's. itr cam? aem cai? i have a aerospeed bomb series exh. with 2 1/2 inch piping,but that's it. should i get a header throttle body,clutch,flywheel??? any help would be appreciated thank u guys for the help

Not too much you can do with $1000. You could save a little more and get some head work done. Your car will be way faster with a built head.

If you don't want to mess with the internals, just get the basic header/intake/exhaust package and that will be pretty decent. Clutch/flywheel could help out quarter mile times, but no extra horsepower.

I would get all the performance stuff done first because I would rather have a fast ass sleeper, than a slow ass decent looking car.

But since your getting the swap done already, your car will be decent quick. Not faster than everybody, just decent quick. Build that motor and you will be fast.

good shit thanx man. do u think i should just go with an itr compl. swap for 4100? what do u think i should run with that? thanx again man

Forget about the ITR swap. I don't like those motors at all because the compression is really high and I would eventually boost whatever motor I had, just not very impressed with them I guess. I have also beat 2 hatches with ITR motors (one running NOS) in my turbo d16, so either the guy with NOS couldn't drive or he just had a slow car, either way I beat him 3 times. ;) I would stick with the GSR and you won't need to do any work to it. The only thihng you would want to do to the head would be valve springs, retainers, and valves, but that's only if you wanted 500+ whp out of the head, but the stock head should be just fine for now. I would just stick with the stock GSR cams too.

I say forget spending the $500 on seats and spend the whole $1500 on a turbo kit. You could build a decent setup that is very reliable with that much money. Just make sure you have proper tuning and good fuel management and you should be safe. Even at only 5 psi it would be much faster than your basic I/H/E bolt ons, but I wouldn't think about running less than 10 psi if I had a GSR in my car... 300whp all the way! :thumbsup:

Of course you will also want a new clutch and 3 inch exhaust as well...

hmm, I would get a used CAI pipe, with a new filter - should run 100bucks

JDM ITR header - look around enough and 400 it's yours

clutch and flywheel combo could be had for 500

so there you go.

Back