Gsr Into A 4th Gen 4dr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tehferret

Hey i am considering buying a gsr engine but i didnt know what i would have to do to get it in there i know i need motor mounts and the tranny and linkage but is that it? will i need to do some cutting?? well anyways thx LATE!!!

you should not have to do any cutting... and there will be some wiring involved... here is what is boils down to... Your current cars computer type is obd0 and the gsr's are both obd1 and obd2. to make things easier on you i would attempt to get an obd1 motor. once you have the obd1 motor i would suggest either converting the motor to obd0 by using an obd0 distributor and injectors. Or you can convert your car to obd1 it is more work (kinda a lot) but in the end i think that it is worth it. there are some good article on the whole swap on hasports website...
scroll down a little on this page http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Hasport%20Tech.htm) find your car, if you have and lx or ex 4 door then they are comparable to the 88-89 civic si, interms of wiring...
Good Luck man...

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Mar 3 2003, 02:34 PM
you should not have to do any cutting... and there will be some wiring involved... here is what is boils down to... Your current cars computer type is obd0 and the gsr's are both obd1 and obd2. to make things easier on you i would attempt to get an obd1 motor. once you have the obd1 motor i would suggest either converting the motor to obd0 by using an obd0 distributor and injectors. Or you can convert your car to obd1 it is more work (kinda a lot) but in the end i think that it is worth it. there are some good article on the whole swap on hasports website...
scroll down a little on this page http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Hasport%20Tech.htm) find your car, if you have and lx or ex 4 door then they are comparable to the 88-89 civic si, interms of wiring...
Good Luck man...

you are also going to need a hood for the GS-R motor to fit because it is a taller block...i've heard that a ZC hood from japan would work but i'm not sure and since you are going to get another hood...just get a carbon-fiber one :D

Back