guages, oil, water, electric

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok screw all these fucking fittings. its a pain in the ass. im using the GE adapter. it has 2 ports (i thought it only had one), the oil pressure line will go in one port and the oil temp will go in another port. and im gonna tap the water neck for the water temp sender.

make sure you order it from GE directly and get the right one.

most come with a -8boss port and a -4

the prob with the -8 boss is that there are no reducers to a -3 or -4 that i could find from earls, russell, or no-name fittings.

i ended up having to use an 8-boss plug fitting which i tapped/died to accept a 1/2" NPT -> -3an fitting into it. pain in the balls.

DSC00853.JPG

haha you tard, GE sells them with a -8 Boss 1/8 NPT adapter (1/8 NPT female taped into the boss fitting). and you can also buy the 1/8 NPT (male) -> -3 an (male) from them. and it would look exactly like that picture

i got the 8 boss -> 1/8 NPT with my oil sandwhich adapter. was like 95 shipped from GE

i sent all those ghey fittings back and should be getting my 40ish bucks back. i kept like 2 fittings, a 90 degree bend, and a coupling. my 1/8 NPT tap will be here from mcmaster-carr today. and the GE thing will be here next tuesday. im so glad im going this route, it will be hell of a alot cleaner and still retain all my stock stuff, and i wont have to mess with any of the shit in the block or head.

on a side note, mcmaster-carr rules, they have EVERYTHING

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Sep 22 2005, 10:16 AM

on a side note, mcmaster-carr rules, they have EVERYTHING
[post=558369]Quoted post[/post]​

yes they do...you just have to know what you are looking for

my 1/8 NPT tap looks great :)

GE oil adapter will be here tuesday. then ill be ready to rock and roll with these guages. hopefully get them installed over the weekend.

neon mike is a pimp

gallery_1242_466_49044.jpg

too bad i gotta get him to make me another one cause its not the right size, but its ok. this is basically what they will look like. just imagine them in the heater controls spot of a crx :)

its not the right size? didn't you send him measurements? lol

i did, but he copied em down wrong or something. hes cutting another one and gonna send it out.

well i got a new plate, and its sepcifically designed for the heater control stpot of a crx. looks sweet too. neon mike was supposed to make me another one, i dunno what happened but i guess he was too busy :shrug2: oh well. i also did the majority of the wiring too :)

gallery_1242_466_54749.jpg

gallery_1242_466_102321.jpg

Back