Gunman kills 12 in Colorado Movie Theater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

554946_428025127241178_47943642_n.jpg

I've always been a fan of a mandatory military term. Say 2 years. Nothing crazy. The populous would be exposed to guns. They would realize they are not toys, nor WMDs, but simply a tool for self-defense. Not to mention, then every yahoo who owns a gun has actually had some training, not just passed a background check and waited the allotted time.

<p>
I've always been a fan of a mandatory military term. Say 2 years. Nothing crazy. The populous would be exposed to guns. They would realize they are not toys, nor WMDs, but simply a tool for self-defense. Not to mention, then every yahoo who owns a gun has actually had some training, not just passed a background check and waited the allotted time.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Are we isreal?

I fully disagree with this.

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Are we isreal?

No, we didn't decide to create a country where we are surrounded by people that hate us. Israel literally needs a standing army of well trained individuals to keep the flood gates closed. Same with South Korea.

I may be saying I want a similar concept, but it is not to keep people out. It's to improve the ones that are here. Responsibility, respect, national pride, and just general order are lacking in current generations. I'm not even saying I'm exempt and better than the ones I'm talking about. I would have benefited from this as well. Just a regular K-12 education isn't teaching what it use to.

No, we didn't decide to create a country where we are surrounded by people that hate us. Israel literally needs a standing army of well trained individuals to keep the flood gates closed. Same with South Korea.

I may be saying I want a similar concept, but it is not to keep people out. It's to improve the ones that are here. Responsibility, respect, national pride, and just general order are lacking in current generations. I'm not even saying I'm exempt and better than the ones I'm talking about. I would have benefited from this as well. Just a regular K-12 education isn't teaching what it use to.

Speaking of K-12 why dont we introduce firearms while kids are in school. We do it for drivers education, why not firearms?

As for the education system i am of the opinion that schools are not responsible for the rearing of our youth. They do play an important part but parents need to take the responsibility. My son is only six but everyday i get home from school i review his school work. We work on math and reading. The way i figure it is if i establish the standard now it will become second nature as he gets older. Respect, responsibility and pride cannot be taught in a classroom. Bit with so many broken homes and shitty role models on tv being glorified by kids from those broken homes there is not a whole lot that anyone else can do. Sponsering a kid or being a big brother or sister may be an option for some but i view the raising of my son to be the most important thing i will ever do.

I guess the point to my rambeling is this is a very complex issue. Outlawing X is not going to do a damn thing. But as mentioned earlier America seems to be shying away from the tough stuff. Addressing poverty and mental health in my opinion is what is needed to effect any kind of real change.

The problem with this fine country is its overrun with pussies. The people have learned that if they complain, then they will get their way. Its not about what benefits the masses. Its about pleasing that one whinning bitch, who complains no matter what. Leaders need to nut up and tell more people to shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
There was a rifle range at my high school. it was boarded up sometime in the 70s or 80s, right about when the liberals took over or some kid got hurt and law suit ensued or some parent complained that they didn't want their kid to learn that.

no child left behind and similar bullshit is what has ruined our schools. the kids who can and want to learn end up bored and disinterested because they are seniors reading see spot run.

There was a rifle range at my high school. it was boarded up sometime in the 70s or 80s, right about when the liberals took over or some kid got hurt and law suit ensued or some parent complained that they didn't want their kid to learn that.
i remember looking at my dads year books and they had a shooting club at the school :shrug2:
if im being honest...i took guns to school with me ALL the time. i grew up in a small town and regularly hunted before and after school, but it hid behind my seat and i never told anyone

I think to compare Israel to So. Korea isnt really fair. Everyone around Israel wants to and tries to invade. Where as in So. Korea you have a mad red-headed angry brother who flings poop around and doesn't do anything. It is sad because So Korea is making bundles of money and the north is probably eating each other to stay alive.

I wonder, if people had to pay for high school (10-12th), it would make the students/parents take a second look on the importance of school? Institute a tax deductible fee for high school and if by end of 11th grade, if they arent going graduate, dont want to go to college or apathetic about school, they should start going to a trade or vocational school.

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

Are we isreal?

Maybe not mandatory military, but how about mandatory weapons training for firearms ownership (I'm gonna take a shitstorm for that suggestion, I can even feel my subconscious freaking out and coming up with counter arguments).

If you want to own a firearm, where's the downside to being trained and proficient in its use?

That's already law here. Need to take the NHRA basic pistol class in order to apply for carry permit.

Maybe not mandatory military, but how about mandatory weapons training for firearms ownership (I'm gonna take a shitstorm for that suggestion, I can even feel my subconscious freaking out and coming up with counter arguments).

If you want to own a firearm, where's the downside to being trained and proficient in its use?
That might help if people wouldn't just find ways around it. Not everyone buys new and people would just find them elsewhere. So while it's a good thought it just wouldn't work. (Like most proposed gun control laws)

Add it to middle and highschools if we have to have weapons training.

Requiring any kind of class is actually in violation of the pure RTKBA. The NAACP should be all over fees for weapons courses. One can argue the poor need a firearm more than the people that can afford a 60 to 100 dollar course.

Back