Gunman kills 12 in Colorado Movie Theater

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There was a rifle range at my high school. it was boarded up sometime in the 70s or 80s, right about when the liberals took over or some kid got hurt and law suit ensued or some parent complained that they didn't want their kid to learn that.

no child left behind and similar bullshit is what has ruined our schools. the kids who can and want to learn end up bored and disinterested because they are seniors reading see spot run.

The gun range at the other high school in town was still open when I graduated. I used to shoot there in a gun club sponsored by the boys club during middle school and I think into my freshman or sophomore year. My spanish class was right across the hall from the range. I bet the thing is all boarded up by now.

I know a straight-up law-abiding type guy who has purchased guns from friends just to not be in the CA registry...He doesn't shoot them ever and doesn't talk about them. I would be shocked if he even knows how to load his pistol...he just has them just in case...Ron Paul fan btw.

having guns and not knowing how to operate them is useless. you get into a situation and then you need to use it, and you dont know how to take the fucking safety off, or it jams and you cant clear it, or its A LOT louder than you're expecting and scares you, etc.

If you are referring to the individual in my comment, I didn't say he doesn't know how to operate them. He just isn't an avid sportsman and doesn't take them out. After all he = otherwise law-abiding and his guns = 5 felony counts of whatever you call unlawful ownership of a firearm...in California nonetheless. He know how to shoot his rifles and shotguns.

"i would be shocked if he even knows how to load his pistol"

sounds like you have a lot of faith in his ability to operate them... if you have a pistol for self defense, you should practice with it, and not think you can pop headshots from 20yds like youre jack bauer on 24.

Add it to middle and highschools if we have to have weapons training.

Requiring any kind of class is actually in violation of the pure RTKBA. The NAACP should be all over fees for weapons courses. One can argue the poor need a firearm more than the people that can afford a 60 to 100 dollar course.

Pay for the gun class with Federal tax dollars?

Gun classes in school would be good too.

$20 says he won't get the death penalty for 12 counts of murder, 50+ counts of attempted murder, and whatever other crap the Da decides to lay out.
You're right, he probably won't get shit beyond taken care of by taxpayers for the next 50+ years in a nut house that's more like a health spa.

The one's who will be punished for this are the legetimate gun owners.

The Anti-Gun Libberal's can't and won't pass up an opportunity like this for another "Brady Bill" round of useless "Feel Good" legislation that in the end changes nothing.

I know a straight-up law-abiding type guy who has purchased guns from friends just to not be in the CA registry...He doesn't shoot them ever and doesn't talk about them. I would be shocked if he even knows how to load his pistol...he just has them just in case...Ron Paul fan btw.

Well just because you purchase firearms from a friend dose not mean you dont have to register, he is breaking California law and federal law.

Also why would you pay for a firearm and then refuse to transfer? thats like buying a car and never register it under your name. I would advise this guy to dros under his name ASAP, you never know when this guy needs money and sells his guns and no way to prove he sold them to him.

Well just because you purchase firearms from a friend dose not mean you dont have to register, he is breaking California law and federal law.

Also why would you pay for a firearm and then refuse to transfer? thats like buying a car and never register it under your name. I would advise this guy to dros under his name ASAP, you never know when this guy needs money and sells his guns and no way to prove he sold them to him.
i think you're really missing the point here
like way over your head
and i dont think he is breaking federal law, only states or localities require guns to be registered unless you're talking about tax stamp weapons

That's the point...to own guns off the books just in case.

lol, you think thats enough to keep them from being taken away?

heres what will happen with that guys guns.

those serial numbers will still be registered to the last guy that owned them.
or if they arent technically registered to him still, then he was the last point on the radar.

they will go to him to get the guns.
he will state that he sold them, then show them his proof (if he has any) and just send them to your buddy.
then, since there will be a law about owning guns, this will be enough for them to get a warrant.
then bust his door in, and rip apart his house and car. and he will be arrested for multiple felonies.
there's always a trail.

How about guns bought at gun shows? Other than a flash of my ID for age reasons he doesnt know shit about me and I don't know shit about him. Trail = dead. And that can happen multiple times on the same gun. I couldn't tell you who I bought 2 out of the last 4 of my guns from.

There was a nightline episode about this. think it was in texas. That shit doesn't happen here, that's for damn sure. But down south/outwest it is appearently pretty common

ive been wanting to go to a gun show for over a year now. but, they are only on sat and sun. during the hours im at work. which sucks.

In CA even at gun shows you have to register...you just get to skip the whole waiting period thing...but I think pistols are still exempt.

Very common. One of new yorks DBag mayors or governor caught shit for sending a crew to our gun shows and filming themselves buying guns off of people to further his agenda at closing down shows. The people doing the selling were breaking now law/rule/etc. but his cronies were by filming the transactions when there are "no cameras/filming" signs everywhere. Oh and he sent them down without letting any Ohio officials no about it. Kind of pissed our mayor off iirc. He's a tool too though. lol

If you have a booth to sell you have to register yourself down here but not what you're selling. People walk in with guns to sell/trade all the time though and they only need safety checked at the door. I bought my AR at a show and as I'm walking around looking for other stuff people were constantly asking if i was selling it. I could walk in empty handed and continue to buy/sell as many guns as time permitted. Hell if i was a good enough salesman I'd try to keep upselling my purchases until I walked out of there with an expensive ass gun or just pure profit.

Last edited:
aka drop guns,
or guns that aren't part of the national confiscation

Because registered gun owners are just going to turn in their weapons when asked by the government... I know government/state employees that will go out like Charleton Heston.

Because registered gun owners are just going to turn in their weapons when asked by the government... I know government/state employees that will go out like Charleton Heston.

they'd probably be more likely to turn in the registered weapons and keep the unlisted shit to themselves, just to appear in compliance
its not rocket science

Back