H22 And Accord Axles/tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Akira93Accord

Can this be done? I have heard it is possible to use my existing axles/transmission from my 1993 Accord EX, but I'd like to ask first. I don't feel like buying a complete swap if I have existing parts that can be used in my car now. Can this be done? I'd like to get a JDM H22A, please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!!

Mike

My friend is doing an H22 Swap in his '91 Accord Ex, you should be able to use your tranny axles, etc. yours probably has ABS and I'm not sure if that will play a role. But I'm positive that you can use your tranny and axles as long as the ABS doesn't get in the way, which I highly dought it will. I believe your tranny will have longer gear ratios than the H22A, which would be good for a turbo set up, though I wouldn't go turbo. All motor is bad ass. you should run 14.5-14.7 depending on the conditions. A good dependable site to buy a H22A Longblock is HMOTORSONLINE.com, It's 1200 wich is a good deal for a motor with less than 40,000 miles on it and with that much power. Good luck, tell me how it goes.

yes they mate like mech said.

side note: are u from hmotorsonline?? your promoting the fuck out of them.. and from horror stories ive read (and seen pics).. Hmotorsonline is shit. but all these online motor buying sites have some horror stories about them.

It can be done. No worries about ABS. If your swap comes with an intermediate shaft, I'd say to use that one over your Accord halfshaft.

Alright, I'll try it. But if it doesn't work.... I'll cry. As far as all motor, I don't like that idea with Hondas. I can make my own turbocharger system, so I intend to do that. I don't feel like spending $2600 on a complete engine, so if what you say is true, I can use my existing axles and tranny and work on building up the bottom end for the turbo. Thanks a lot, guys!

Mike

No, I don't work for hmotorsonline, I have just personally heard good stuff about them. I think GUDE.com is a good site, but then again people say it's crap and some say it's awesome. Osakajdmmotors.com looks good too, and I've also heard stuff about them. Either way you look at it, it's a personal opinion.

Back