h22 grating 3rd slightly

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic booster

i hav a del sol with a h22 when i move the shifter to the left it does not center itself but wen i move it to the right it centers itself as it should and wen changing from 2nd - 3rd it grats if i power shift but if i granny shift it does not grate.. any help wud b appriciated thx..

civic booster

im thinking it has to do sumthing with the little box on top the gear box where it returns the shifter to the center?? help please i race and cannot granny shift..

caboose

USDM to the bone
There should be two springs on the actual shift lever that return the lever to the center. Each spring provides resistance in one direction. I would make sure that both springs are in place.

civic booster

cabosse h22 uses link cables and there are no to springs on the leaver there is a box on top the tranny where the cables go that centers the shifter but i jus dont wanna open the box and things jus start to fly out anyone eva had any experience with this..thx tho..

Last edited:
The grating is probably the dog teeth worn on the blocker ring of the syncro assembly.