H22 Into A 2000 Accord V6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ACCORD20012001

i HAVE A 2000 ACCORD V6. REALIZING THE LIMITS OF THIS ENGINE I WANT TO PUT A H22 ENGINE IN MY CAR NOW. IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? AND IF SO ANY PROBLEMS I MIGHT RUN INTO OR THINGS I NEED TO THINK ABOUT? wILL I NEED TO UPGRADE MY TRANNY ALSO? kIND OF NEW TO THIS SWAPPING SO ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED?

-MIKE-

That chassis isn't made to accept an I4 engine. I think Comptech now makes a supercharger kit for the V6 Accord, that may be a better road to take. If you're really intent on swapping out that engine, I suppose you could get a CL/TL Type S engine and drop it in there, but I don't think it'dbe worth it.

Oh yeah, and
caps.gif

Sell the V6 and buy an older Accord and an H22 with the loot....or just buy a Prelude. I'm trying to make the same decision.

Originally posted by TN_Accord@Feb 5 2003, 07:42 PM
Sell the V6 and buy an older Accord and an H22 with the loot....or just buy a Prelude. I'm trying to make the same decision.

:ph34r:
yea what he said
you dont want to try to put a 4 cyl into a 6 cyl car all the mounts are different so you will need to weld in all new mounts
so sell the son of a bitch and get a new accord v6 6 speed
yea

Back