H22 N/A 250HP+ Spec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FastRCars

So i heard about the sleeves in the H22 sucks? , is it better to use the ones from Type-s lude H22? or go for aftermarket ones?

What about the pistons and rods? , were can we draw the line , can anything of the original parts be used in the bottom end , or do i need to change em all?

I guess when wanting more HP i need to raise the comp rate as well..possible to run it at 12:1? , and what would it help me..higher revs?

Pls write what u done with ur N/A H22´s to get em more powerful..

You can run 12:1 if you want. You can't resleeve a Honda engine with OEM sleeves- and the Type-S uses the same kind as a "normal" H22 anyway.

Best cheapo solution for 250whp without resleeving would be to get Type-S pistons, port/polish the head, run big cams and tune tune tune.

Uh....I don't think you can swap stock sleeves...also, there was never an H22 that had 250hp at the CRANK, much less 250whp. I have heard bad things about stock H22 sleeves under boost and under high comp. when you bore them, though. Best bet would be a set of aftermarket rods, pistons, and sleeves. You can get it sleeved, along with rods and pistons installed by Golden Eagle for around 4 grand, and that's including the price of the rods, pistons, sleeving, and assembly. If you want to keep the stock pieces, that's not a problem...you just won't get as much power. If you DO decide to stay with OEM Honda internals , get Type-S pistons and cams, get the head ported and polished, grab a good header (AN-R, SMSP, Bisimoto), and maybe a Type-S intake manifold as well.

i dont know if this is using stock sleeves, but JUN's prelude is making 270hp(built up of course)...

The reason you cannot run a forged piston in a stock sleeved H22 is because the H22 sleeves are made from a very soft metal and the forged pistons will mar the cylinder wall.

Cal is right, your best bet is to run those type s pistons with some big cams and tune the shit out of it. You probbably won't see over 220 whp but you should make some good power. And then there is always nitrous. :D

MY little 9K bitch is right you have to resleave an H22 to run forged pistons.
There is a decent article in the May, Honda Tuning.

Back