h22 swap no 02 sensors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

surfinkyh22

i just got a new ecu and they deleted my 02 sensors. does this mean my car is dumping max fuel at all times. it runs awesome when i mash the gas but seems to get less fuel milage now. should i have them add the last 02 since my cat is gone so my car can still get fuel readings

Wel.....I don't think the last O2 should be added. But the Primary (1st) O2 sensor should be there. No need for the secondary O2 when you are not running a Cat.

ok i just want my car to run right and not all rigged up if you know what i mean i guess ill get a new chip

Your o2 sensor or sensors help the ecu determine air/fuel ratio and how much fuel is needed or not needed if you run with out them your ecu is in open loop and running on a default fuel table. When this happens you get horrible gas mileage because your running super rich and loss in performance I would def put the o2 on.

What you really need to do is get the car dyno tuned for it to run the best possible. and, if you do that you can run closed loop with no O2 sensors. The only problem i can see with that is if you live somewhere where it gets very cold in the winter... you might need a winter and summer tune. i have been runing with no o2 sensor for years with no probs, and good fuel economy, but my car is dyno tuned and i live in south fl.

yea im in northern ky right next to cincinnati it gets pretty cold in the winter but i am getting like 20 miles to the gallon its horrible but like i said it flys when i mash the gas i really didnt wanna pay for a tune because my engine is pretty much stock just a header and cat delete so i just ordered a new chip and had them put the o2 back on the ecu ill post how it runs soon as i get it once i get more mods i will have a tune just need it running good for a daily

With that set up.....I'd run a H22 ECU that's appropriate OBD for your chassis.

You didn't state but if it's a OBD2 car (with the OEM ECU)....I would run both O2's and a cat.

Or....yea socketed and chipped ECU for a good current tune (with whatever sensors you need deleted) and option to get dyno tuned later (b/c it's socketed)

my car is a 97 its obd2 im running a socket and chipped obd1 p28 but apparently im running really rich right now my car idles at 1500 rpm when i was running a gsr computer i had no high idle issues but i was also running the front o2 sensor

ok i just put my new chip in and my car is now idling at 1grand like it should but after a long drive it wants to idle high again hopefully this problem will cure its self i know with my old computer i had no idle issues with only running 1 02 sensor i even had my cel on so will see

If you have a good tune on it you shouldn't have any issues with or without o2 sensors disabled. A good dyno tune will give you best performance based on the bolt ons you have but if you are looking to save gas I would recommend stock ecu. Ask yourself this do you want performance or gas mileage? It's best to run slightly richer rather than running lean to prevent detonation and stick to 91+ octane. Good luck with that.

Back