H22 vs F22 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you all butt buddies here or wha??? You're obviously a moron if you're gonna make half-assed comments, and not back them up somehow
Are you all butt buddies here or wha??? You're obviously a moron if you're gonna make half-assed comments, and not back them up somehow

Dude your a dumbass shut the fuck up. Brutal is right 100%. Having a turbo requires more fuel end of story.

Is it that much to ask for you not to skip the last letter of your words? Notice its what not "wha." It makes your posts easier to read, sound more mature and people will take you more seriously.

That aside insulting older members is just going to get them pissed. If you truly believe the point you are arguing is correct then argue away, but do it intelligently.

I could care less when this thread was posted. I happened to stumble across your retarded posts, and I couldn't help but say something.

This is a topic that many people are CLUELESS about. Shit, it got a reply the same day for gods sake! Why you trippin??? Feelin kinda dumb or wha?

Yeah, it got a reply the same day because your dumb ass bumped it back up to the top of the list where everyone can see it. Before that, no one had given a shit about it for a full year...

Why did you feel it necessary to post this three times? And to quote yourself in doing so?

2,440 views on this thread, yet you say nobody cares...

... what a dumb "senior member" you are, junior

What's your point? There are a lot of people frequenting this forum, so therefore threads sometimes get a lot of views. Nobody cared about it enough anymore to post in here for the entire past year, so I don't think that what I said was unreasonable, was it?

Just for some clarity here..

Your gas mileage with a turbo setup is going to be very dependent upon the tune. I've seen guys running 14.0-14.7 AFR's in cruise (on the freeway, light throttle cruising around town) getting 30-35 mpg with their turbo'd setups. It's all in the tune, and also depends on whether or not you can keep your foot out of it.

Your gas mileage with a turbo setup is going to be very dependent upon the tune. I've seen guys running 14.0-14.7 AFR's in cruise (on the freeway, light throttle cruising around town) getting 30-35 mpg with their turbo'd setups. It's all in the tune, and also depends on whether or not you can keep your foot out of it.

Yes, you're completely right. With a good tune it is possible to maintain or even up your mileage a bit. Maybe I wasn't very clear in my original post from a year ago (which, for some reason, this idiot thought would be a good idea to dig up). The way you drive is going to be a big determining factor here. Most people who go turbo (especially on cars like Hondas) aren't going to be concerned with gas mileage, and probably won't be driving their cars in a manner so as to get the best fuel economy possible...

Is it that much to ask for you not to skip the last letter of your words? Notice its what not "wha." It makes your posts easier to read, sound more mature and people will take you more seriously.

That aside insulting older members is just going to get them pissed. If you truly believe the point you are arguing is correct then argue away, but do it intelligently.
What is it with you people? Read the posts "Kriz" ... or do you mean CHRIS?

I started off with a very intelligently written post. Granted, it made all the comments about turbo's hurting gas mileage seem silly, which is probably why everyone began posting nasty comments that had nothing to do with the original post.

Why doesn't someone step up and prove my comments wrong, instead of just being immature about everything.

Yeah, it got a reply the same day because your dumb ass bumped it back up to the top of the list where everyone can see it. Before that, no one had given a shit about it for a full year...

Why did you feel it necessary to post this three times? And to quote yourself in doing so?

What's your point? There are a lot of people frequenting this forum, so therefore threads sometimes get a lot of views. Nobody cared about it enough anymore to post in here for the entire past year, so I don't think that what I said was unreasonable, was it?
Yes, I AM new to this forums, and NO I DON'T know how to use these message boards like you boys obviously do.

BUT... I DO know a thing or two about Honda's, and mechanics, and turbos.

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that people VIEW this forum, and don't comment on it, because they don't know enough about the subject to make a smart enough comment, unlike yourself.

Finally, an INFORMATIONAL post :)

You are right. When it comes to turbo setups, tuning is KEY, but, then again, tuning is KEY no matter what the setup.

Yes, you're completely right. With a good tune it is possible to maintain or even up your mileage a bit. Maybe I wasn't very clear in my original post from a year ago (which, for some reason, this idiot thought would be a good idea to dig up). The way you drive is going to be a big determining factor here. Most people who go turbo (especially on cars like Hondas) aren't going to be concerned with gas mileage, and probably won't be driving their cars in a manner so as to get the best fuel economy possible...
You're something else, junior.

"Why would adding a turbo help with fuel economy?" <----- This is you BEFORE I posted.

"Yes, you're completely right. With a good tune it is possible to maintain or even up your mileage a bit." <----- This is you AFTER I posted.

Ironic ain't it... a "noob" crushing YOUR ambitions for a change

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that MOST people VIEW this thread and choose not to post, because they don't know enough about the subject to make a smart enough comment on it.

I've talked several of my business partners into advocating the use of turbochargers, MAINLY BECAUSE, its the best way to squeeze power out of your engine (ESPECIALLY Hondas). 30+ MPG is common for properly boosted powerplants.

Most people (including the ones that just dropped 2-3 grand on a turbo setup) DO care about maintaining a respectable MPG. A KNOWLEDGEABLE mechanic/tune shop will tell you to ease your driving stlye, in exchange for INCREASED MPG.

But, like they say... you can take a jackass to the water, but you can't always make it drink.

What is it with you people? Read the posts "Kriz" ... or do you mean CHRIS?

I did, and you sounded like an uneducated jackass in each one of them. I was just trying to help you out, even if you are correct if you come on a forum sounding like a jerk everyone is going to give you a hard time. I don't even know what you are trying to get at with that "chris" thing, my real name is Cristian and I happen to like the nickname kriz. I don't assume your real name is Markey Mark 916 now do I?

I started off with a very intelligently written post. Granted, it made all the comments about turbo's hurting gas mileage seem silly, which is probably why everyone began posting nasty comments that had nothing to do with the original post.

Exactly, people appreciate it when you give them good educational advice. People DON'T appreciate it when you mock their ideas even if they are mistaken.

Why doesn't someone step up and prove my comments wrong, instead of just being immature about everything.

Probably because your posts don't prompt for much maturity.

P.S. It is possible to quote multiple people in one post, you don't need to post 5 times in a row...

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that MOST people VIEW this thread and choose not to post, because they don't know enough about the subject to make a smart enough comment on it.

I've talked several of my business partners into advocating the use of turbochargers, MAINLY BECAUSE, its the best way to squeeze power out of your engine (ESPECIALLY Hondas). 30+ MPG is common for properly boosted powerplants.

Most people (including the ones that just dropped 2-3 grand on a turbo setup) DO care about maintaining a respectable MPG. A KNOWLEDGEABLE mechanic/tune shop will tell you to ease your driving stlye, in exchange for INCREASED MPG.

But, like they say... you can take a jackass to the water, but you can't always make it drink.
ummm what planet are you from, most people boost their cars for fun, not MPG. If MPG was a goal no one would swap/boost a civic or a crx.

I did, and you sounded like an uneducated jackass in each one of them. I was just trying to help you out, even if you are correct if you come on a forum sounding like a jerk everyone is going to give you a hard time. I don't even know what you are trying to get at with that "chris" thing, my real name is Cristian and I happen to like the nickname kriz. I don't assume your real name is Markey Mark 916 now do I?

Exactly, people appreciate it when you give them good educational advice. People DON'T appreciate it when you mock their ideas even if they are mistaken.

Probably because your posts don't prompt for much maturity.

P.S. It is possible to quote multiple people in one post, you don't need to post 5 times in a row...
^
|
|
|

Has yet to make an INFORMATIONAL post

ummm what planet are you from, most people boost their cars for fun, not MPG. If MPG was a goal no one would swap/boost a civic or a crx.
In case you didn't notice, the original post is titled H22 vs F22 turbo.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the F22T... that's the whole point of me posting on this thread... to prove my point that an properly designed/installed/tuned F22T setup is:

MORE FUN, than a H22 swap.
LESS EXPENSIVE, than a PROPER H22 swap (junkyard swaps are hardly ever worth the time/$$$/effort)
Will net you MORE ATTENTION/INTEREST/COMPLIMENTS, than a H22 swap.
Is MORE EFFICIENT than a N/A H22 swap at levels above 220 whp.

F22T, FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back