H22 vs. modded F22B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

f22b1 coupe

It's tempting to sell my car and make a move on one of the H22 accords in my area for sale. But I have to wonder if the extra money would be well spent. Realistically, what kind of HP are you hitting with an F22 with a cam, intake, header, and exhaust system? (if they were all name brand on not crap) I'm not looking for a rocket ship, just something more powerful than the stock engine. What would be a rough power gain/price estimate on modding the stock engine? I've done a couple of engine swaps, and geez, between the price of the H22 (usually 1800-2000 when I see full swaps) and the labor, if I can get anything close to 190HP with half the money and labor, I'm all for it.

the F22 with cam intake and header exhaust maybe putting down another 30 40 horses but i really doubt with just those upgrades you would hit 190hp

You really need to provide some more info here, i.e. what cam did you use? Did you get the engine tuned or not?

Still though, I seriously doubt you'd hit H22 numbers with essentially just bolt-ons and a cam...

I was considering the H22 swap, but after learning more about it I decided to start building an in the closet turbo kit for my F22, Which currently consists of a turbo. Gonna do a swap to same engine, fewer miles before i do go boost though. Numbers just look better. I'd like to make it to about 250. I dream of 350 but thats probably pushing it. If you're just looking for a little more power though, and not a pain in the ass i'd say probably do the H22 though. Gotta get myself a beater I suppose too before I start playing. I've learned to not mix toy with DD. A nice LeSabre oughta do me some good. And sell my truck. Damn, I guess I have a longer to do list than I thought.

YA

Ya im heading down the same road as 92stockaccord. Im pieacing together my turbo setup, which so far i just have the turbo( 57 trim t25). I was looking into swaping a h22 too untill i looked into how much it would cost. To hit 190 on a normaly asperated f22 would have to take good bolt-ons, head work, and a good tune im guessing. If i were you i would just go turbo.... You can get more power and there a lot funner (ops is that a word lol). Jus make sure to do your research before you do anything.

Back