H22a into 00 EK DX Hatch - Full Swap (Please view)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMoore

Hey guys hows it going I just recently traded my K24A4 for a full H22A swap out of an EG.

The parts I have are:

- JDM H22A (its stamped FIEND next to the H22A and below it, from the research I did its a guy or shop in california that seem to do engine work)
- Port and polished head (haven't verified yet since the IM is still on the back and exhaust ports are WAY dirty)
- 440 RC injectors - FPR
- Skunk 2 cam gears
- Megan header
- Clutch - Shifter cables
- Harness - P28 ecu
- Clutchline - Axles
- Mounts are for an EG

From what I've read here:

[FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here
Gathering EK B-series wiring information
ECU Pinouts

What I SHOULD need to complete the swap are these hasport mounts HERE and this jumper harness listed HERE if Ive read right and am correct. I do have a DX so I'm going to need to add wires I know, my question is since this is my first swap and am new to hondas. How difficult is it truly to add the VTEC line wires etc, would I be better off purchasing a 98-00 SI/EX harness or is it not worth the expense? Also will the axles I've acquired work with the EK chassis or are they the wrong size also.

Few more if you'll bare with me. Will the clutch line fit as well, and in the pictures below what are the 3/4 rectangle looking fitting next to the shifter adapter there are 4 of them just loose in there.

I believe thats all the bases I need to touch and still have questions on i'll include pictures of everything I have below if it can help any of you decide whether or not it will work.

I appreciate any and all input or help that you could add or pass on to me!

Onto the pics:

img3809.jpg

img3833.jpg

img3836u.jpg

img3838.jpg

img3839u.jpg

img3845f.jpg

img3846.jpg

img3850f.jpg

img3852z.jpg

img3856g.jpg

img3858n.jpg

img3859p.jpg

img3860.jpg

img3861.jpg

Thanks again for any help!!!
:wave: :thankyousigna2: :beer:

No one to offer? Could just use a little more guidance.. I thought i put together a good post! Just need some assistance, thx again

No one to offer? Could just use a little more guidance.. I thought i put together a good post! Just need some assistance, thx again

you have to use half shaft with 90-94 acura axles and use a ex harness , just have to extend a few sensor plugs and good to go..:D oh yeah extend your alternator wires to the front of motor and bypass some of your vacuum lines..lol

Last edited:
**UPDATE**

Alrighty well at my end of the month expenses I have $520 left over so last night I picked up a 99 EX engine harness + obd2b to obd1 jumper for $108!! Thought it was a pretty smoking deal. (pics below)

Does it look like all plugs are there to you all? And from here should just need to extend the 02 sensor I have correct?

img3863.jpg

img3866h.jpg

I'm planning on ordering these mounts here tomorrow afternoon:

20050-2.jpg

Innovative Motor Mounts

After those come in if I'm correct all I'll need is to put it in! Please correct and input anything else thank you!! :thumbup::thumbup:

h22a1 into 1997 civic hx problem

hi i did an h22a1 swap and i have a problem it shuts off around 4000rpm can any body help

The H22 has butterfly valves in the intake mani to give it more low end tq. You need to wire for this. The Ex harness doesnt have the wiring for it. If you have the H22 harness you can unpin and remove the wiring and add it to the Ex harness.

The H22 has butterfly valves in the intake mani to give it more low end tq. You need to wire for this. The Ex harness doesnt have the wiring for it. If you have the H22 harness you can unpin and remove the wiring and add it to the Ex harness.

What if I DONT have a h22 harness :confused:

i might of missed it but did you get an restorboxx? im going with mounts by streetimports.com for $150 and gonna put new urithane bushings in to save a little money should work fine if not better. also you might want to look into a hondata ecu im going with the s300. your gonna have to trim up your left headlight to make more room for the rocking of the motor btw!

i was wondering i have a 92 dx 1.5 hatch back and i am buying a h22 1998 will it fit if not what mods will i have to do to make it also i know i have to take the ecu and axels from the prelude will i need any other parts off it

this is for the guy with the hatch, you'll need inovated axles and mounts and a modified vtec harness and pigtail adapter for dizzy and the h22 should fit , if you have expirence in doing this sort of swap.lol...

hi i did an h22a1 swap and i have a problem it shuts off around 4000rpm can any body help

i was wondering i have a 92 dx 1.5 hatch back and i am buying a h22 1998 will it fit if not what mods will i have to do to make it also i know i have to take the ecu and axels from the prelude will i need any other parts off it

Both of you need to start your own threads please. This isn't a free-for-all. Stop jacking this guy's topic...

Hey guys hows it going I just recently traded my K24A4 for a full H22A swap out of an EG.

The parts I have are:

- JDM H22A (its stamped FIEND next to the H22A and below it, from the research I did its a guy or shop in california that seem to do engine work)
- Port and polished head (haven't verified yet since the IM is still on the back and exhaust ports are WAY dirty)
- 440 RC injectors - FPR
- Skunk 2 cam gears
- Megan header
- Clutch - Shifter cables
- Harness - P28 ecu
- Clutchline - Axles
- Mounts are for an EG

From what I've read here:

[FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here
Gathering EK B-series wiring information
ECU Pinouts

What I SHOULD need to complete the swap are these hasport mounts HERE and this jumper harness listed HERE if Ive read right and am correct. I do have a DX so I'm going to need to add wires I know, my question is since this is my first swap and am new to hondas. How difficult is it truly to add the VTEC line wires etc, would I be better off purchasing a 98-00 SI/EX harness or is it not worth the expense? Also will the axles I've acquired work with the EK chassis or are they the wrong size also.

Few more if you'll bare with me. Will the clutch line fit as well, and in the pictures below what are the 3/4 rectangle looking fitting next to the shifter adapter there are 4 of them just loose in there.

I believe thats all the bases I need to touch and still have questions on i'll include pictures of everything I have below if it can help any of you decide whether or not it will work.

I appreciate any and all input or help that you could add or pass on to me!

Onto the pics:

img3809.jpg

img3833.jpg

img3836u.jpg

img3838.jpg

img3839u.jpg

img3845f.jpg

img3846.jpg

img3850f.jpg

img3852z.jpg

img3856g.jpg

img3858n.jpg

img3859p.jpg

img3860.jpg

img3861.jpg

Thanks again for any help!!! :wave: :thankyousigna2: :beer:
Was it a tight fit, I am having some problem after by a ebay conversion mount kit

This thread is 11 years old now... haven't seen the OP around in a long time.

What mount kit did you use? where is it tight?

Back