h22a runs great with p14, but terrible with p13?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Depriesticles

Kids these days...
Hey all,

Thanks to everyone who helped my with my last post and the issues I was having with the cold start problem. To solve that, I read my check engine light, and I was throwing code 6 (temp sensor) and 15 (ignition output low). I bought a new ECT sensor, installed it, and cleared my codes, and my code 15 went away, but I still had the code 6. I left it alone for the night, and the next day I got my injectors in the mail. I installed them right away and put the p13 in it. It started up faster, but I still had code 6, and it was throwing code 22 in addition (vtec oil pressure sensor). I did some more probing of the harness trying to figure out where everything was running to, and found the plug going to the vtec oil pressure sensor was not the right wiring for it. I tried plugging in that plug into the ECT sensor, and it cleared my code 6! W00T!!! But...I still had code 22. I probed some more wires, and saw the blue wire was in the correct spot on the ecu side of the harness, but went to a dead end. I ran a wire from the dead end to the vtec oil pressure sensor, and grounded the other wire, and it completely got rid of my codes!! WOOHOO!!!! NO MORE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!! It starts up and runs every time now!

I am still running on a p14 though. When I put the p13 in, it would idle good, but as soon as I touch the gas it would bog way down and hardly rev. As soon as I can get it up towards 3k rpms and above, it revs and sounds great...but the low end is completely dead. I dont know whats going on now. I dont have any more check engine light, so I cant turn to that to tell me whats wrong. I thought that maybe my new injectors were not actually out of an h22, but an h23 and the guy mis-posted them. I sent him an e-mail and asked him about it, and he says he is positive they were removed from an h22a1. He pulled them out of the motor himself he said...but he could still by lying to me.

The only other thing I can think of is that this computer is busted. It runs great with the p14 with no hesitation what-so-ever, but stutters with the p13. It did this same thing with both sets of injectors. Im at a complete loss. From my research, I have seen this problem with h22a swaps before...but no solutions. Please help! I dont get any codes with either the p13 or p14.

If you put a H22 in a Si body u have a resistor box. It needs to be removed for the P13 to be fully able to work right. Just my thoughts on it

I think you have to have the resistor box right? Without the resistor box, its not putting any resistance to the injectors *obvious statement lol*, and thus, your injectors would be fully open all the time.

Correct me if I am wrong on this. If it is as simple as removing the resistor box, that would be awesome...but I think the resistor box is necessary.

as I under stand it... H23 injectors require it to run properly but h22 injectors will not run right with it in there. I had this same problem with an H22 in an Si body and my car ran like crap on the p14 till the box got removed.. then the p14 made the car run like crap and the p13 made it run awesome lol... just and idea for ya

check your knock sensor. see if it is wired to the ecu D3.

Back