h23 to h22 swap ignition problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Supadax

ok yesterday i started my car up after doing the swap. first the engine was only firing 1 piston (about 1 gallon has sat for a year) i added 2 gallons 93 octane, along with fuel injector cleaner.

about 20 min of idle on 1 piston firing a 2nd started to fire. we took apart the fuel rail and pulled the injectors to clean them up to see if that would help. a 3rd piston started to fire after that.

I changed the distributor rotor, plugs. wires all are sending spark.

only thing im thinking to try is changing the distributor cap today. any other ideas would be great.

Thanks

You might try using a multitester to check if each injector is pulsing.

If each injector is pulsing, you can pull one spark plug wire at a time while the engine is running to see which cylinder(s) is not firing. You should hear a noticeable difference if you disconnect a firing cylinder. That will help you narrow it down.

well i can tell wich is firing simply by check temp of each exhaust manifold pipes. at first one was at 300 deg the rest around 120 then 2 went to 300 and the rest still around 120-150 then 3 to 300 ... its been a pain but i know wich cylinder isnt firing but how they are working in stages makes me think they are just dirty.

anyone know if h23 injectors are the same ?!?

oh and also the pipes turned RED from gettting too hot dunno if its cuz of the header or not but i mean we saw a red shine with all the shop lights on so my friend ran over and killed all the lights and the pipes 3 not 4 were all glowing red.... i cut the engine not knowing if that was running to rich.. but yah was kinda cool looking at about 500 degrees when we did check there temps but block was only like 150 so nothing is really too hot besides the pipes.

anyways didnt work on it today so hopefully i can tommorow

Thanks
Originally posted by tab@Jul 16 2005, 09:19 PM
You might try using a multitester to check if each injector is pulsing.

If each injector is pulsing, you can pull one spark plug wire at a time while the engine is running to see which cylinder(s) is not firing. You should hear a noticeable difference if you disconnect a firing cylinder. That will help you narrow it down.
[post=527365]Quoted post[/post]​

The injectors are NOT the same. When i did mine, i had to use the H22 injectors on the H23 fuel rail.

Back