Harbor freight coupons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I could use a press. That'd come in handy a lot.
Grizzly has some decent press's for just a bit more than the HF stuff and probably better quality. I have their 10 ton and it's a pretty good machine. Did bushings on the hatch and a neighbors F-150 with it as well as a few odd jobs so far.

Northern Tool sends out coupons 3 or 4 times a year that I always use. I do have a Harbor Freight 3/4" pneumatic impact gun, the HF house brand Chicago Pneumatic - don't use it often, but it's plenty for around the house and works good.

Last edited:
Bought their engine hoist. Works great so far...Was about the same price as all the nut jobs that were trying to sell them on CL used...

fyi, this is updated every month. New coupons are up. Combine this with the labor day sale, and you've got some pretty good deals.

The only thing I've had fail was a aluminum race jack from there. I had that thing for 5 years before it did fail.

I have this impact gun from there that I got about 10 years ago. I've never maintained the thing and it still works great.

Otherwise I've bought punches, sockets, hammers, rivets, and other small things from there.

Just recently got an air ratchet, let's see how this thing holds up. Hopefully as well as my impact gun has.

I buy things like punches, hammers, PIR sensor systems, precision screwdrivers, 110vac plugs, tarps, metalworking tools, screws/bolts, paintbrushes, solar equipment, plumbing tools, basically anything that looks decent.

I have a set of impact sockets from there that have lasted for a couple years now, and I abuse them, lol.

i bought their 2.5 ton aluminum floor jack. was the only thing i could fit under the mirage :(

works great, btw. i can lift an entire side of the V easily :lol:

Only HF tools I have are hammers. Mini sledge cost me $6 and 5 piece ball peen set cost me $10. All my other tools I use too frequently to buy cheap shit...

Craftsman stuff worked for me real good when I was using them every weekend. Once I actually got into being a tech @ a dealership full time, my Craftsman stuff just couldn't handle the abuse. Only thing Craftsman I have now is my toolbox. I don't see myself upgrading to a higher end tool box until i'm done buying tools. Which will probably be never...

LMAO... I'm not done buying tools and pulled the trigger on this last week:

216809_398349893565505_693730848_n.jpg

:ph34r:

Nice! You must be a mechanic for a living?

I've got a huge CSPS toolbox that has been fantastic.

Nice! You must be a mechanic for a living?

I've got a huge CSPS toolbox that has been fantastic.

Ouch the "M" word :(

I'm a Technician :p

I'm a Tech for Mercedes-Benz... I see you have a couple... The C63 is a fine piece of equipment :thumbsup:

I'll never be done buying tools. Killer box! :thumbsup:
Thanks!

I got a HUGE deal on this one. I couldn't pass on it.

Retail on the box is $5655, stainless steel top is $1600, and the riser is $3000. The Snap-On guy that comes by my job had the entire set up for $6455. Also had a $500 rebate on the box plus $500 for my trade in of my Craftsman toolbox.

Ouch the "M" word :(

I'm a Technician :p

I'm a Tech for Mercedes-Benz... I see you have a couple... The C63 is a fine piece of equipment :thumbsup:
Scarface: Yeah it's bad enough you a janitor yo.
Thurgood Jenkins: Custodian, dick!
I know that feel when people say "Oh, you're in IT?", I'm an Engineer!! :p

Thanks, lets hope the head bolts don't fail like some of the others.. How many of those have you seen BTW?

And the ML has the 3 lights on for traction control. What is weird is the code is for the ABS pump failure. I took apart the unit and put power to the pump directly and it works fine. However when running off the harness, not enough voltage. Something between the fuse/relay to the harness for the ABS unit is causing the problem.. grr.

I know that feel when people say "Oh, you're in IT?", I'm an Engineer!! :p

Thanks, lets hope the head bolts don't fail like some of the others.. How many of those have you seen BTW?

And the ML has the 3 lights on for traction control. What is weird is the code is for the ABS pump failure. I took apart the unit and put power to the pump directly and it works fine. However when running off the harness, not enough voltage. Something between the fuse/relay to the harness for the ABS unit is causing the problem.. grr.
I haven't seen any of those failures, yet. They are up to a certain engine serial number (according to MB) for the M156 engines. If you want, PM the VIN of yours and i'll check on your serial number.

I had a 163 ML do something similar to what yours is doing. Turned out to be both the acceleration sensors that are mounted under the center console. This ML had a ton more codes than yours though. It had a million stored faults in the ABS control unit but the acceleration sensors were the only current faults. I replaced those sensors and everything was all good.

I don't know what the actual spec to the ABS unit is but keep in mind not everything uses 12V. Some 5V, some 2.5V, some PWM, ect... Maybe you are getting a good reading and have a faulty ABS unit. It's not common but I have seen a handful of them go bad.

I haven't seen any of those failures, yet. They are up to a certain engine serial number (according to MB) for the M156 engines. If you want, PM the VIN of yours and i'll check on your serial number.

I had a 163 ML do something similar to what yours is doing. Turned out to be both the acceleration sensors that are mounted under the center console. This ML had a ton more codes than yours though. It had a million stored faults in the ABS control unit but the acceleration sensors were the only current faults. I replaced those sensors and everything was all good.

I don't know what the actual spec to the ABS unit is but keep in mind not everything uses 12V. Some 5V, some 2.5V, some PWM, ect... Maybe you are getting a good reading and have a faulty ABS unit. It's not common but I have seen a handful of them go bad.
That is good to hear you haven't seen any yourself. I'm quite certain mine is included as it seems to encompass all 156's from mid MY '10 and earlier. I'll PM my VIN to you tonight. Thanks!

Yes, mine is also a W163 (I suppose you knew that by the year, lol). I didn't know they had accelerometers on them! I was told my car had a bunch of stored codes as well, when they reset the only one that came back was the pump.

I took apart the ABS unit and saw on the board that the harness is wired directly to the pump. What I did was run the pump off the battery (works), run off the fuse (works), run off the harness directly (does not work). I think I measured 9.5v coming off the harness. I'm not sure if there is some unit between the fuse box and the harness that plugs into the ABS unit under the windshield washer fluid reservoir behind the drivers headlight.

Back