Hatch/CRX swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dow.Tom

Okay I've been snooping around here for a little bit and became interested in the civic after hating them once F/F came out. I currently own a 1987 Toyota MR-2 5spd with a JDM 4age swap in it. Now I love the car, but it just doesnt have the zest i was looking for. So I'm selling it now and going to buy another project car.

I'm thinking of buying a 1988-1990 hatch/CRX civic. Is there anything wrong really with these years, problems ect? Once I buy it I will be swapping in a B18B from an LS Integra. (Are there any known problems doing this swap in this car?) Once that's finished I'm looking to put a B16a/b top end for Vtec and some high end horses. (I know it has been done, but still, any issues with doing this?) How difficult would this be, I have done a swap before in my Mr2 and ran into alot of problems so I can diagnose alot of it. But wiring, how difficult would wiring be for this swap into a 88-90 hatch/coupe. (I'm currently looking into a 1990 Si, do they have Vtec already - would it make it easier to get a car with Vtec already for wiring purposes?)

Also the engine comes with
- Motor
- Hydraulic Tranny (Y80, S80)
- ECU (P75)
- Axles
- Shift Linkage
- Stock Motor Mounts *
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed

Will i need anything else? Halfsafts, new wire harness, motor mounts? if so can you tell me what i will need and a place to buy them?
Thanks in advance, Tomas

Back