Having trouble starting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Floydy

Whenever I try and start my car cold, it always has a hard time idleing at first and will sometimes shut off. Also when I try and rev my car up when its cold the motor will back fire and pop. Im thinking that maybe my fuel pump is going bad and is having trouble building up fuel pressure, but im not a 100% sure. Does anybody else have this problem?

Originally posted by Floydy@Jan 20 2005, 07:57 PM
Whenever I try and start my car cold, it always has a hard time idleing at first and will sometimes shut off. Also when I try and rev my car up when its cold the motor will back fire and pop. Im thinking that maybe my fuel pump is going bad and is having trouble building up fuel pressure, but im not a 100% sure. Does anybody else have this problem?
[post=448879]Quoted post[/post]​

what kind of engine?
did you test the fuel presure?

Well first I had a zc in my crx and it did it but now i have an ls/vtec in the same car and it still does it. I havent tested the fuel pressure yet, but that what i was planning on doing next.

Sufficient spark to all 4 cylinders. you do know an engine requires 4 things to run, Ait, Fuel, Spark and Compression... obviously it isnt getting enough of one of these...

Back