Help!! CRX keeps dying while driving

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Make sure your power connections are tight. It should not dim when you cut on your headlights.

Flickering lights are often a sign of the diodes in the alternator failing and leaking ac voltage into the system.

So the alt. read 14.3 and battery read 13.9 off the car so thats not the problem. Took the cap and rotor off, cleaned them up. wasnt the problem. But my int. lights diming and losing fuel pressure are still there. (happened once today but I got it charged) Driving home after the game with my lights on and heat all the way up it seemed my lights were brighter and car performed flawless.. Nothing big but i noticed today that when my fuel pressure drops when i give it throttle the pressure drops dwn to 20 (would idle at 25-30). But I still hve the same power. It is a mechanical gauge so i'm kinda scratcing my head on this one.

The battery sitting on a bench was reading 13.9 volts? That is abnormally high. Just for chuckles try a differant battery and see what happens. High voltage like that can often times be caused by sulfated plates inside the battery indicating that it is old and wearing out. Sulafation will cause high surface charges but blocks the battery from accessing any real deep power.

The battery sitting on a bench was reading 13.9 volts? That is abnormally high. Just for chuckles try a differant battery and see what happens. High voltage like that can often times be caused by sulfated plates inside the battery indicating that it is old and wearing out. Sulafation will cause high surface charges but blocks the battery from accessing any real deep power.

sorry 13.9 amps. A fully charged battery should read 14.4

Over all the past 2 days nothing has really happened. I'm thinking that maybe my powers coming and going to the positive terminal were not gettin a good connection.

Last edited:
A fully charged battery should be 12.6 volts. Running the vehicle with a good charging system should read 14.4 volts. Volts are a measure of potential power. Amps are a measure of current flow.

Back