help: jdm h22a into 92 accord (auto) no spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sgshao

Hi guys, after two days searching I have to open this new thread, hope anyone can help me. here it is:

It is a 92 Accord EX with auto tranny. I got a 92 JDM H22a w/LSD . The harness is based on old 92 Accord OBD1. P13 ECU with old accord TCU. Accord injector with H22a fuel rail, customized power steering pipe. BUT NO SPARK! I've tested one by one, got fuel but no spark at all. Asked the guy who selled me the engine, he gave me another dizzy. Still no spark.

I have a external coil and the one on H22a is a internal one. I've jumped the ylw and black/ylw togather as your guys suggest. Anything wrong or I missed? pls help.

one more thing, anybody know can I use a Accord TCU with P13 on my H22a? Or I should get a JDM TCU with ECU togather? Anybody know the model number of these two TCU?

Any helps will let me in your GREAT debt...

Im having a similar problem, which i have not figured out yet. This honda technician told me it could be the ignition coil, as this commonly goes on h22 engines.

Originally posted by sgshao@May 15 2005, 10:53 AM
Hi guys, after two days searching I have to open this new thread, hope anyone can help me. here it is:

It is a 92 Accord EX with auto tranny. I got a 92 JDM H22a w/LSD . The harness is based on old 92 Accord OBD1. P13 ECU with old accord TCU. Accord injector with H22a fuel rail, customized power steering pipe. BUT NO SPARK! I've tested one by one, got fuel but no spark at all. Asked the guy who selled me the engine, he gave me another dizzy. Still no spark.

I have a external coil and the one on H22a is a internal one. I've jumped the ylw and black/ylw togather as your guys suggest. Anything wrong or I missed? pls help.

one more thing, anybody know can I use a Accord TCU with P13 on my H22a? Or I should get a JDM TCU with ECU togather? Anybody know the model number of these two TCU?

Any helps will let me in your GREAT debt...
[post=499500]Quoted post[/post]​

from what your describing ....my guess would be you seem to be having some kind of wiring problem because....one.... from what you said, you did the internal/external conversion correctly and....two.... you've already changed your dizzy once already and still the same symptom. that would tell me that theres some kind of wiring problem. i would double check that.

as far as your TCU question..TAB would be the man to ask...i believe he has an AUTO H22..he would probably kno better that anyone else would.

thanks, thanks a lot. I'd doubt check my wiring. Actually, it stripped from my old accord harness, just added four wires only and extended a few. But there is always mistake made by human, right?

Meanwhile, say, that at the first second I tried my another dizzy(I pulled four plugs outside and tested one), I believe I did see spark plugs. But after I put it back into, there was no spark, and never. What bet you could put on this? my first guess was the engine ground was not good. But my meter told me it's fine. Would it be any possiblity that there is anything like moisture make the spark plugs(or one of them) shorted if I put them into?

Yes, I noticed TAB has it. I would be glad he could notice this thread.

[post=499500]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

from what your describing ....my guess would be you seem to be having some kind of wiring problem because....one.... from what you said, you did the internal/external conversion correctly and....two.... you've already changed your dizzy once already and still the same symptom. that would tell me that theres some kind of wiring problem. i would double check that.

as far as your TCU question..TAB would be the man to ask...i believe he has an AUTO H22..he would probably kno better that anyone else would.
[post=500392]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

You can use the Accord TCU. Your car will shift sooner unless you manually shift down, but that isn't so bad.

The Prelude TCU will hold each gear longer automatically. If you can get your hands on one cheap, do it. I'm still using the Accord TCU, since I haven't found one for cheap yet.(haven't tried that hard).

Thanks, tab. Thanks.

I will sit on Accord TCU right now. And one thing updates here is that I solved the spark problem. The thing is one of four spark plugs shorted inside(perfect outside). I bought four new NGKs and as reward they give me sparks. But the engine is still slience now. It gave me kind of "pen-pen" noice. Sounds like two cyls have leak. Too bad, I am going to have a talk with its provider. Hate to say that, but it seems I have to change another H22a. My costs again (oil, synthetic ATF, cooltant, power steering fluid, two seals for transaxle and labours).

Will let you guys know the next chapter...

Back