H22A in 92 Accord HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sleeper00

have you had a chance to search around the site yet? Or google even?

yes i did, i even went to oem honda wed site, but still not sure how to fix it. That's y if some1 can post of there h22a accord engine photos, that will make it clear where all the hoses and parts connect to.

Luis998

Honda Enthusiast
You're looking specifically for an H22A in a '92 Accord, correct?

Luis998

Honda Enthusiast
Here are a few links that may help get you started:

h22a accord - Google Image Search
I know that yours is a 92 and this is a 94 but it may help as well...
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ba-bb-ca-cd/h22-swap-into-94-accord-pics-82784/
When all else fails you could get this guide...
Ultimate H22 Swap Guide + How-To For Your 90-93 Accord (4th Gen)
I found this site to have a bit of information on H22 swaps that might help...
TOP END Motorsports > Demo Cars > Signal Accord > Installs > JDM H22 Motor: ..
Last but not least, I think AHHVTEC may know a thing or two about Accord's from what I read a long time ago. If you are lucky he may chime in and help you out.

Best of luck my friend. I hope the links help out even in the slightest. :thumbsup:

Sleeper00

Here are a few links that may help get you started:

h22a accord - Google Image Search
I know that yours is a 92 and this is a 94 but it may help as well...
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ba-bb-ca-cd/h22-swap-into-94-accord-pics-82784/
When all else fails you could get this guide...
Ultimate H22 Swap Guide + How-To For Your 90-93 Accord (4th Gen)
I found this site to have a bit of information on H22 swaps that might help...
TOP END Motorsports > Demo Cars > Signal Accord > Installs > JDM H22 Motor: ..
Last but not least, I think AHHVTEC may know a thing or two about Accord's from what I read a long time ago. If you are lucky he may chime in and help you out.

Best of luck my friend. I hope the links help out even in the slightest. :thumbsup:

i already went to those sites, i already did the swap few years ago, my car runs, but i just want to make it run it the right way, but thanks for helping

Sleeper00

i already went to those sites, i already did the swap few years ago, my car runs, but i just want to make it run it the right way, but thanks for helping

there's 1 more thing i need to know, for h22a in 90-93 accord owner, there's a BIG BLACK BOX on top of the EVAP CONTORL CANISTER, do i still need it after the swap?? and what is that box for??

Luis998

Honda Enthusiast
Sorry that I wasn't much help my friend. Best of luck though. Let us know how it all turns out. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Suggestion, why not take it to a tuner shop? They will know what to do with such an engine swap. I see that you are in Florida and if you are in Orlando, try Central Florida Turbo. There's another one but I can't think of the name right now.

Last edited:

hondaman072

im sick of not being able to find wiring on 90-93 accord external to jdm internal h22a coil wiring... mine runs fine whatever i did to it by splicing into a yellow wire and some blue wire. not sure what else to do it has trouble starting when its cold but starts fine when warm. i cut the black and white wire from the larger grouping of wires coming out of dizzy not sure if anything needs grounded since i went from EXTERNAL TO INTERNAL!