HELP!!!! Part 1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97SIRTN

So I am putting my axles back in after putting in a new tranny by myself. I have GSR axles, intermediate shaft, and tranny.
Problem is that the driver side intermediate shaft needs to go in about 1/4 of an inch farther in. I have tried prying it, hammering it, etc..
NOTHING, not one measley millimeter.
Any ideas?

Originally posted by 97SIRTN@Jun 13 2005, 03:18 AM
So I am putting my axles back in after putting in a new tranny by myself. I have GSR axles, intermediate shaft, and tranny.
Problem is that the driver side intermediate shaft needs to go in about 1/4 of an inch farther in. I have tried prying it, hammering it, etc..
NOTHING, not one measley millimeter.
Any ideas?
[post=511591]Quoted post[/post]​

Pull the shaft back out and see if there is somthing blocking the way for it to go in ??? somthings holding it back.

ya boy steveo

It sounds to me here that when You took the axle out you pulled it out too far and the Bearing Rollers came out of the tripod inside the axle BOOT....
You will now have to take the axle back out and install the bearings back on the tripod, and then install the boot with new Clamps.....DO not USE old ones....Better yet, just get the Boot from A' auto parts store...It already comes with the clamp..
Make sure You use Plenty of grease....It helps holding the bearings in its place...

Good luck!

Back