Help! Seized My Motor Need One *now*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lafleche

Hey guys, today I was driving and I'm not exactly sure HOW, but my engine is DEAD. I was reading about a piston freezing and as a result the rod going through the block earlier, and I think that that may be a far more likely explanation as to what happened....I don't see how a finely lubricated motor that was virtually COLD could seize...

In any case, I'm looking into putting a B20a5 (88-91Si) motor in there, or worst case scenario get another B20a3 motor or rebuild the one I have. The way I see it, there's no point in putting lots of money into the car to get what I've already had for 5 years...I'd like to see a B20a5 motor in there, but I'm not exactly sure what will have to be changed as a result of the engine difference. With a 35 hp difference, I fear that I might need new axles (please dispel this fear) with an Si motor.

I also have been looking online, and as I'm sure all you vet swappers have seen a thousand times, I'm not exactly sure what is going to be involved aside from an engine and ecu. I'm under teh impression that the two motors share the same motor mounts, but I doubt the same transmission.

So please, it would be great if you could tell me what would be involved in putting an Si motor in this car aside from the engine, tranny, and ecu.

Oh, did I mention I need the car to run later this week? :D

If you could email me your response that would be SWEET, as I have made about 30 posts in the past hour or so and there is a distinct chance that I will not make it back to all of them.

lafleche@attbi.com

I just need a person I can consult...I'm sick of reading diagrams and lists of prices; it makes no sense to the amateur. Thanks!

the B20A5 will drop right in... your stock tranny will work with it your stock ECU will run it (fuel maps may be different though) your stock axles should be fine as well

if you can find a full swap (engine, tranny, ECU, axles etc..) get that... if not just the engine will work fine

I can actually use my stock tranny and ecu??? Isn't the a5 geared a bit differently to accomodate the extra 35hp??? If that is the case, that would be wonderful....

What about the fact that I'm running a carb? The a5 is FI, I'm running (WAS, sorry hehe), a carbed a3.

One more thing...I've taken a look at places such as:

hondaswap.com
passwordjdm.com
osakajdmmotors.com
hmotorsonline.com

BUT.....I can't find an a5 anywhere!!!! All I see are b16's, but honestly I'd like to just drop another b20 in there, preferably an Si if it's not that much of a problem.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE???? I got a 3 year old and I'm gonna lose my job if I can't get to work this week....I know it sounds ridiculous but I need the thing in my car running in like a week and a half TOPS. Please help me guys, I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff. Thanks!

Originally posted by lafleche@Feb 10 2003, 08:54 AM
BUT.....I can't find an a5 anywhere!!!! All I see are b16's, but honestly I'd like to just drop another b20 in there, preferably an Si if it's not that much of a problem.

try some wreckers i do not think that those sites are going to have obscure USDM motors for sale.
Best of Luck Man.

Originally posted by lafleche@Feb 10 2003, 11:54 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE???? I got a 3 year old and I'm gonna lose my job if I can't get to work this week....I know it sounds ridiculous but I need the thing in my car running in like a week and a half TOPS.

Best of luck to you dood, but you're going to have a lot less chance of success if you're jobless with a 3 year old. The job market aint so grand right now. Spend a few bucks at Rent a Wreck and at least get some cheap transportation.

My .02

:rolleyes:

Back