help? Very new to the scene

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gotbanned99

Ok I have a few questions. I know nothing really about swapping honda motors but you give me a rotary and im all over it.

My cousin has a 2000 Civic si with a d15 or something motor i know its v-tec though but the other day it seized on him so time for a new motor or new used anyways. I was looking around and im getting a b16b i belive it is with engine and tranny and wiring and ecu. Now is that all i need? or am i missing something. From what I have read it should be a pretty easy swap just want to make sure this all I will need.

Anyways want to help me out?

95b16coupe

if the motor blew, you don't need the tranny, ecu, etc.

just get a long block and do the swap.

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
A) If it's a Civic Si and it had a D15 that's a severe downgrade. Stock it has a dual overhead cam 1.6 liter (B16A2). That D15 would be single overhead cam 1.5 liter.

B) Integra B16s are rare and only cable transmission. And OBD0 if I remember right. Regardless they are not in OBD2b which is what the 2000 is. You need a '96 or newer motor. (OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics and revolves around the emissions system for the most part)

That said, B16s are the stock motor. A B16B really isn't worth the money whatsoever. If you want an 'upgrade', look for a B18C1. Probably the best bang for your buck. Keep the transmission you've got currently if it's the B16 transmission. All B-series engines work with all B-series transmissions for the most part. Saves you money.

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Ok I have a few questions. I know nothing really about swapping honda motors but you give me a rotary and im all over it.

My cousin has a 2000 Civic si with a d15 or something motor i know its v-tec though but the other day it seized on him so time for a new motor or new used anyways. I was looking around and im getting a b16b i belive it is with engine and tranny and wiring and ecu. Now is that all i need? or am i missing something. From what I have read it should be a pretty easy swap just want to make sure this all I will need.

Anyways want to help me out?

sorry its not a b16b but a b16 from an integra

Is it the factory engine? Or has it been swapped before? If it's the factory engine, then it should be a B16A2. That's not an Integra motor, that's the engine that came stock in the 99-00 Si coupes...

he has a d series though.

I don't think he knows what he has. If somebody actually put a D15 into an Si, well, that's fucked up...

Last edited:

je power

almost you need to get a integra shift linkage and you need to get a back mount and one other mount i think

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
how bout the first piece of advice we give him then, is to go outside, and look at the stamp on the block!

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
almost you need to get a integra shift linkage and you need to get a back mount and one other mount i think

Like I said previously, I don't think he know what engine he has right now. If it's a US-spec Si, then it should already have a B16 in it, and this swap should be a bolt-in, no transmission, harness, etc. required...