help? Very new to the scene

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gotbanned99

Ok I have a few questions. I know nothing really about swapping honda motors but you give me a rotary and im all over it.

My cousin has a 2000 Civic si with a d15 or something motor i know its v-tec though but the other day it seized on him so time for a new motor or new used anyways. I was looking around and im getting a b16b i belive it is with engine and tranny and wiring and ecu. Now is that all i need? or am i missing something. From what I have read it should be a pretty easy swap just want to make sure this all I will need.

Anyways want to help me out?

if the motor blew, you don't need the tranny, ecu, etc.

just get a long block and do the swap.

A) If it's a Civic Si and it had a D15 that's a severe downgrade. Stock it has a dual overhead cam 1.6 liter (B16A2). That D15 would be single overhead cam 1.5 liter.

B) Integra B16s are rare and only cable transmission. And OBD0 if I remember right. Regardless they are not in OBD2b which is what the 2000 is. You need a '96 or newer motor. (OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics and revolves around the emissions system for the most part)

That said, B16s are the stock motor. A B16B really isn't worth the money whatsoever. If you want an 'upgrade', look for a B18C1. Probably the best bang for your buck. Keep the transmission you've got currently if it's the B16 transmission. All B-series engines work with all B-series transmissions for the most part. Saves you money.

Ok I have a few questions. I know nothing really about swapping honda motors but you give me a rotary and im all over it.

My cousin has a 2000 Civic si with a d15 or something motor i know its v-tec though but the other day it seized on him so time for a new motor or new used anyways. I was looking around and im getting a b16b i belive it is with engine and tranny and wiring and ecu. Now is that all i need? or am i missing something. From what I have read it should be a pretty easy swap just want to make sure this all I will need.

Anyways want to help me out?

sorry its not a b16b but a b16 from an integra

Is it the factory engine? Or has it been swapped before? If it's the factory engine, then it should be a B16A2. That's not an Integra motor, that's the engine that came stock in the 99-00 Si coupes...

he has a d series though.

I don't think he knows what he has. If somebody actually put a D15 into an Si, well, that's fucked up...

Last edited:
almost you need to get a integra shift linkage and you need to get a back mount and one other mount i think

how bout the first piece of advice we give him then, is to go outside, and look at the stamp on the block!

almost you need to get a integra shift linkage and you need to get a back mount and one other mount i think

Like I said previously, I don't think he know what engine he has right now. If it's a US-spec Si, then it should already have a B16 in it, and this swap should be a bolt-in, no transmission, harness, etc. required...

Back