Help Wanted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

knocturnal

Alright, here it goes....

I was on the highway today, comin' home from Denver. I was in a hurry, so i punch the car past 100+mph. The thing is, I get fuel cut-off at 115mph~in fourth gear@5,000 rpms (tranny is a AT). What i wanna know is: what do i have to do to reach higher speeds??? (i.e. get a different ECU, fuel injectors, fuel rail, etc....)

Thanks in advance for the advice...

Originally posted by knocturnal@Jan 8 2003, 02:44 AM
Alright, here it goes....

I was on the highway today, comin' home from Denver. I was in a hurry, so i punch the car past 100+mph. The thing is, I get fuel cut-off at 115mph~in fourth gear@5,000 rpms (tranny is a AT). What i wanna know is: what do i have to do to reach higher speeds??? (i.e. get a different ECU, fuel injectors, fuel rail, etc....)

Thanks in advance for the advice...

Its the speedlimiter in the ECU. I'm not 100% sure, but I think re-chipping is your only way to fix that.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 8 2003, 09:17 AM
I know a Hondata will get rid of a speed limiter, and I think a VAFC does as well.

Where in Colorado are you? I'm up in Longmont.

I not sure but I thought Hondata and VAFC were for '92+ (Even though '91-'93 are 4th gen). Oh well, i'll have to check... What chips would you guys recommend??~> Jet Chip??

And i'm down in the Springs...

Originally posted by knocturnal@Jan 9 2003, 01:21 AM
And I thought VAFC was just for cars with Vtec?? Cause i don't have the H22 yet...

I know nothing about the VAFC.. but i think it stands for Variable Air Fuel Controler.. maybe i'm WAY off. Any no, they are not just for cars with VTEC.

Vtec Air Flow Converter- Same as S-AFC but can activate the vtec solenoid also.

Oh....I thought that since you were hitting a fuel cut at 115 (which is the JDM fuel cut) that you had an engine swap. I thought USDM Hondas hit a fuel cut at 137....weird. I guess it's a factor of the 4-speed auto tranny.

Anyway, you could get an S-AFC like SolReaver said (or chip it), if they do indeed remove the speed limiter. But you won't get a whole lot more top speed from 5,000 to 6,200 rpm.

Fuck it, i'll just wait a couple more months 'til i get the H22 and tranny swap before i get Hondata, a chip, or VAFC

Thanks ya'll for the advice...

Back