Help With My Issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

everyone i just aquired a bone stock 89 civic hatch DX ive decided on what engine to go with when i do the swap (b18c1) i was just curious if anyone has this motor in a 4th gen civic and what type of problems they have ran into i plan on doing the swap myself with a little help from a very good shade tree mechanic i know i can get the motor, hydrolic tranny (s80.y80), ECU (p72), axles with half shaft, shift linkage, stock motor mounts, altenator, starter, clutch, flywheel, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, distributor, engine harness and all the sensors for $3199 without shipping. doing this swap will there be any additional costs of parts that i will need that isnt included in this kit ? if so how much more extra am i looking at ?

You going to need to get:mounts (HAsport),a cable tranny,shiftlinkage (custom made,by you or HAsport),You should be able to use the axles you get.You're in for some wiring fun,but I believe it is mostly adding,not rerouting,so that is good.You'll need to make a dent in the left hand (drivers side) frame to make room for the altenator pulley and change the drivers side engine bracket to a 90-93 teg to use the HAsport kit.That is basics.

$300-$450,but you can look around for deals from people abandoning projects or just selling parts.

Check out the classifieds on this and other forums,parts trader,Hybrid garage,etc...

Back