HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imprtuner

Just got a 91 Civic DX, motor is no good and it doesnt run, looking to get a swap, and need some advice..whats the best motor to swap it with?

whats your budget
what do you want to use the car for
what is your end goal
do you plan to build the internals or keep it stock with just bolt ons
do you plan to stayt NA or go FI
there are far too many questions and variables that determine what engine is a beter choice

My bugdet is not really limited im willing to spend for the car.my end goal is to at least pull an 11 with or without boost.ill plan on doing the internals later on but will be strictly bold ons and electronics for now,FI will be my choice, have a friend with a 91' CRX with a B16 integra Ls swap and hes my comp. for now,so im trying to stay with him their, the car will be used for street racing and smashin on people who mess with me.

11 sec and stock internals dont mix......but a gsr is your friend

B18C5 (type r) would be the best swap IMO
C1(gsr) is second choice.

alright cool, any1 know of some links where i can find a B!* under 3500, i found a site but they want like 4k... think i went to a wrong site or something.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 13 2005, 08:02 PM
B18C5 (type r) would be the best swap IMO
C1(gsr) is second choice.
[post=511828]Quoted post[/post]​

he is looking to turbo the car
an ITR engine is a complete waste
all the shit you are paying extra for (high compression, long duration cams, etc) is fucking useless for FI

my recommendation is just get an LS engine and go with that
fuck all this trying to get a GSR engine to work in a 91
fuck an LSVTEC
just get an LS engine and go from there
it will take to boost semi well from the get go

and for the price of a GSR swap you can get the whole engine built (cams, pistons, rods, sleeves, PnP, etc)

i do recommend switching out the LS tranny for a GSR one with an LSD though (you will need a cable to hyrdaulic conversion kit for that though)

if you cant do 11s with that you dont belong behind the wheel

Hmotors has an LS for 2200 bucks.
passwordjdm only has a CTR engine and thats 4k.

There is also a B16 on HMotors for 1750 if you dont need the motor mounts (i dont know if you do or not...im on the H22 side)

When i was researching my engine the best places i found were hmotorsonline.com and passwordjdm.com . I found really great customer service at both, but HMotors won on the price for my H22

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 14 2005, 01:48 AM
Hmotors has an LS for 2200 bucks.
passwordjdm only has a CTR engine and thats 4k.

There is also a B16 on HMotors for 1750 if you dont need the motor mounts (i dont know if you do or not...im on the H22 side)

When i was researching my engine the best places i found were hmotorsonline.com and passwordjdm.com . I found really great customer service at both, but HMotors won on the price for my H22
[post=511947]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry homie... but you're bein' a dipshit. you haven't done enough research to be making suggestions in this case. e knows what he's talking about and you're totally disregarding the information he's posted above and still posting the stupid shit you did the first time before he corrected you.

a ctr would be a retarded engine to put in there if he was looking to run 11's on boost. it dosen't have the displacement that the ITR that you mentioned before, and it still has the stupid high compression pistons that you would be throwing out before boosting... it's just a waste of money all around. don't buy a type r engine.

e has a good point with the ls. you could find a obd0 ls for probably about $1500. get that sleeved, pistons, rods, get the head pnp'd ('cause it flows like shit stock), cams, valvetrain, IM, b16 or gsr hydro tranny and that'd should be pretty good for engine work.

i'm not against the gsr like e is though. it would be a very good starting point. you'd want to ditch the stupid intake manifold for one that flows more so that would get rid of some wiring. you'd only have to run 3 wires for vtec & knock and get an obd0 -> obd1 conversion harness and the cable to hydro tranny kit that e mentioned earlier. it really wouldn't be much more difficult than the ls swap... but it will cost a bit more. do some more research and you can make a better descision on your own on what would be best for you. but to meet your goals you're most likely gonna need a fully built engine with a pretty gnarly turbo kit.

1500!? if you pay more than 800 for a b18a swap, you're getting ripped off.
tranny, jdm b16 ys1. still cable, better gearing, option factory lsd.
street racing, gay. take it to the track.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jun 14 2005, 02:12 AM
sorry homie... but you're bein' a dipshit. you haven't done enough research to be making suggestions in this case. e knows what he's talking about and you're totally disregarding the information he's posted above and still posting the stupid shit you did the first time before he corrected you.

a ctr would be a retarded engine to put in there if he was looking to run 11's on boost. it dosen't have the displacement that the ITR that you mentioned before, and it still has the stupid high compression pistons that you would be throwing out before boosting... it's just a waste of money all around. don't buy a type r engine.
[post=511953]Quoted post[/post]​

I know how to read dude. I was posting the price of a CTR because that is the only because that is the only B18B motor i saw (for some reason i at 2AM i thought the B18B was a good choice :shrug2:)

*EDIT

I know why i said it now...its the only non GSR/ITR engine on passwordjdm.com
I was just putting in my two cents

Originally posted by reikoshea+Jun 14 2005, 09:42 AM-->
kylemarhx
@Jun 14 2005, 02:12 AM

[post=511953]Quoted post[/post]​

I know how to read dude. I was posting the price of a CTR because that is the only because that is the only B18B motor i saw (for some reason i at 2AM i thought the B18B was a good choice :shrug2:)

*EDIT

I know why i said it now...its the only non GSR/ITR engine on passwordjdm.com
I was just putting in my two cents
[post=511997]Quoted post[/post]​

the b18b is an ls, not ctr.

okay...ya know when i said i know how to read.........I take it back...I read like a 4th grader trying to say island.
:cry:

:walks back to the prelude forum, where he belongs:
(BUT YA KNOW I GOT IT RIGHT WITH THE OTHER ITR POST :p)

Back