High Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

My friend asked me to help him fix his high idle on his swap. He swapped a obd2b gsr into his obd1 95 civic si. He has a high idle at 2500. I just needed some troubleshooting help for this swap into this car. Are there plugs that are the same that can be plugged in the wrong plugs and cause a high idle?

I am going to check vacummn lines, coolant bleeding etc.

But are there some things I can check and get out of the way. Like unplug this and if this happens than it is bad if not than it is good etc.

Could a bad TPS sensor cause high idles?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 30 2005, 09:30 AM
check the idle screw on the TB. could have worked its way out during shipping.
[post=518551]Quoted post[/post]​

When the car idles at 2500 it is steady. I tried adjusting the TB screw, but it does nothing, so I tried looking for a vacummn leak and found nothing. When I took the MAP sensor off the idle went down, but was sparatic.

could the TPS sensor cause it to idle that way?

If the idle is steady, have a look at the throttle cable, it might be too short or twisted and holding the plate open.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 30 2005, 11:35 AM
If the idle is steady, have a look at the throttle cable, it might be too short or twisted and holding the plate open.
[post=518608]Quoted post[/post]​

there is quite a bit of slack on it so it should be ok, right? It is a GSR cable in a 95 si hatch.

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen+Jun 30 2005, 12:37 PM-->
@Jun 30 2005, 11:35 AM
[post=518608]Quoted post[/post]​

there is quite a bit of slack on it so it should be ok, right? It is a GSR cable in a 95 si hatch.
[post=518684]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah you should be okay...i have the same problem as you, and it didnt change when i took the throttle cable off. I am seeing this little gold bold on the TB, and im willing to be if i dropped it a little bit the idle would drop too. If anyone knows how to adjust it, i would appreciate hearing from them.

What about a FPR. Do you think that would help at all, or is it more likely there is a vacuum leak?

idle%20screw.jpg

How do you adjust that screw, cause i know it changes the throttle position, and it will let my engine idle lower.

Check the Idle Air Controler, could be bad or dirty. Pull it out and spray it with some brake cleaner and let dry first, then try it again.

i had the same problem with my old hatch. Ended up being the cable got hooked under the brake res. As soon as i moved it idle went back to normal

Back