High School Drags In May

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spoon95integra

I have a 95 integra. i Have a spoon short shifter, tanabe raing medalion exhaust spoon springs and spoon shocks and spoon struts. i also have have a spoon rear stabalizer and spoon sway bars all four. The high school drags in washington are in the end of may. i want to know how make my car run 11's. i know i have no engine work done. o have 8 grand to work with. i would appreciate any comments on how to make my car run 11's. i want nos and turbo i know that much and the stand alone engine management. i need to know what all i have to do. any help i would appreciate it. oh yea i have ls motor. i don't want to swap the motor but if i have to i will.thanks

Hey I live in WA, going to Lake Stevens high School. Isn't high sch00l drags at Pacifc bracket? meaning I would have a chance against the 11 second cars with my maybe 14 second car. How do you get that much dough to put in a car in high school? I have mods but nothing bigger then like carbon fiber hood and stuff. good luck. ps. What school do you go to?

11's in a teg... LS? gsr? what do you have.

turbo is the only way you are getting there... and a good setup. i doubt the ks motorsports kit will do it either.
you need a t4 60-1, aem ems to control it, and tons of custom work. being in high school- i doubt you can afford this. buy a mustang and a 100 shot =)

You need to build the motor first and for most. More agressive cams, new pistons with factory compression, rods, port and polish the head, Valve springs, retainers, valves, Turbo it after you build it up and add all the bolt on parts to it. 11's is possible after doing all this and more but it will be extremely challenging.

Peace*

then some slicks, skunk2 drag spings, z10 bar, a limited slip, itr trans..... lol between all of that and the motor work you spent 8 grand 3 times over

high school drags normally dont make you run 11's, it is all about consistancy (sp?) if your car can do a 17 second and you keep doing a 17.00, then you win your bracket.

Originally posted by spoon95integra@Jan 21 2003, 12:06 AM
i want nos and turbo i know that much and the stand alone engine management.

i don't want to swap the motor but if i have to i will.

Has someone been watching the fast and the furious again? Gonna swap in an SR20det? just make sure you don't bet your pink slips....
:ph34r:

ay i jus wanna say i live in washington as well and i plan on goin to the drags... wow how the hell do u get that kinda money??? shit i hav two jobs and i havent got shit to put on either one of my cars!! haha well ive got a 90 crx and a 94 eclipse... im planning on taking my crx...im wondering how to get into high 16's on the strip and i hav about 27 dollars and 48 cents to werk with...hahaha but n e way my names chris and i go to foss...wut skool u go to?

this is in the wrong forum.

swap related only in here. thank you.

first of all, you need to let us know what trim your integra is in (i.e. ls,rs,gsr). Like many of these other people said, the only way you will even get close to 11's is with turbo, and a full drag suspension set up. ground control has a good set of springs that adjust after the launch to equalize the spring pressure. also, you will prob. need drag slicks. gut the whole car before you go as well. stereo, extra seats, dash, sound deadening material, etc. alot of it is just saving weight.

Originally posted by spoon95integra@Jan 21 2003, 12:06 AM
...i have ls motor...

he says that he has an LS in his post. and i think you're gonna need a little more than 8 grand to run 11's in a teg. but ks-motorsports will work for you when you get your turbo kit, even though the t4 60-1 isn't listed on their site, they can get it, i've read kyle's posts and he says that he can get any turbo that garrett makes. so... try to come up with a 'lil more money and good luck.

don't be a dick dude, so what if he's a "n00b"? you were once one too. he came here lookin' for help, no need to be an ass to him. mlm.

Originally posted by kristoefur253@Jan 21 2003, 10:38 PM
haha well ive got a 90 crx and a 94 eclipse... im planning on taking my crx...im wondering how to get into high 16's on the strip and i hav about 27 dollars and 48 cents to werk with...hahaha but n e way my names chris and i go to foss...wut skool u go to?

sell the eclipes, now you have money, throw a b16 in there, strip the interior, if you cant get it into 16's you dont deserve to drive that car. Hell, if you stripped the interior, ran with only a few gallons of gas, and are a good driver, 16's is not that hard (also depends if you have an hf or si, to quote b.
si = sport injected, hf = Holy fuck, wrong engine batman

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jan 24 2003, 10:19 PM
don't be a dick dude, so what if he's a "n00b"? you were once one too. he came here lookin' for help, no need to be an ass to him. mlm.

yea, i didnt mean it personally, but there r just so many of these guys that want their cars to run "10's and 11's" and they cant grasp the concept of how much work and time and money that takes...no harm meant

Back