highest octane

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I won first place at the drag strip last week, this entitles me to 4 gallons of free gas.
Waht is the highest octane i could use in my motor without causing harm. What harm would be caused. the offer 118 but it contains lead, what is worng with leaded fuel.

I have a B18b, with a free flowing exhaust.

Originally posted by jimboburgess@Jul 22 2005, 12:07 AM
I won first place at the drag strip last week, this entitles me to 4 gallons of free gas.
Waht is the highest octane i could use in my motor without causing harm. What harm would be caused. the offer 118 but it contains lead, what is worng with leaded fuel.

I have a B18b, with a free flowing exhaust.
[post=529707]Quoted post[/post]​

lead in gas just fucks up your o2 sensors and your cat. it's not bad for the motor itself. all you really need is an octane high enough so you don't detonate, you won't benefit much from higher octane. but since it's free, just go with the highest unleaded gas they offer.

fore real....crappy prize for a stock motor....tell them you want the money for the 4 gallons of 118 octane.

first place? only 4 gallons of gas? LOL

first place at my drag strip gets you 300 cash.

Originally posted by tip@Jul 22 2005, 04:43 PM
or just get the 118 and then sell it to someone who needs it.
[post=529981]Quoted post[/post]​

good idea. They sell 104 octane at the pumps in SC for over $5/gal. So, I'm sure you couls easily sell that 118 for $10/gal. :)

yeah, i talked to the points champion and he said that he sells the cards for $20 to someone that needs it. that's the plan. I got first again this week so i can get some more money.

My track sells something like 102 unleaded.. dont quote me on that. I've tried it, seemed to work fine in my motor, nothing miracle like though.

race gas does not make you fast you will be fastest with the correct fuel for your setuf so if your motor has no bigpower adder then use 87 you will be faster it burns hotter[

Back