Holy crap! Oh my God! READ! Need help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's no fun having everything handed to you in one shot. A lot of you helped me out by pointing me to different sites and what have you in my thread. THAT is the way I prefer to learn, by actually READING and RESEARCHING first, instead of asking all of you...

Hey Mister, my car is slower than a dead sloth. How can I make it go faster? Should I put a 250 shot of nitrous on my stock engine? Will that hold up? What about a turbo? Can I just "slap one on" without blowing it up? Huh? Tell me Mister, tell me! HUH! HUH! HUH!?!?!? :D

Plus without doing any research on how to actually perform any of these upgrades what would be the point of asking any questions anyway...If they cant figure it out on there own then they should probably take it to a shop who would be more than willing to do all the research and sell them whatever will make them the most money. And as far as just asking "what should I do" or "can this be done"...pick up any tuner mag and you will see that just about anything can be done. Also if they dont care about learning why something would work then take that same mag and just copy what the people did to their car...it would be the same thing as just asking one of you and doing exactly what you say, only without bothering you. I know I ask questions a lot, but I do try and figure things out on my own.

Last edited:
I think taking it to a shop just makes too much sense at times. haha Then again, I would rather do my own research first and THEN, if I was not able to PROPERLY figure it out, I would shop it like a champ. Most people do like to do their own work, as it does save money, but shit, if I have something crucial that needs to be addressed would I rely on my rookie ass to do it right the first time? Nay. I would get assistance and even take it to the shop myself.

On some minor things I would take the chance and do it myself, just so I can learn and get the experience. If it means blowing my engine up by taking the chance though, again, nay.

SHOP FOR THE WIN! SWOOSH! :D

Forgive me if I am repeating or contradicting myself right now. I'm freakin' DEAD tired. I'm not really sure how the heck I'm able to type properly.

I dont know I guess the reason I am even building a civic up is to learn how to do it...I hear ya on the shop if you want it done right for sure, but then what are you going to do next time it happens take it to a shop again? I would rather figure it out myself and then I never have to worry about it again because I know how to fix it at that point. I haven't taken my car to a shop in 3 years.

Agreed. I'm thankful that I am able to work side by side with my mechanic more and more nowadays and learn how to do things the right way. He has taught me a lot and I know that I still have TONS more to learn. It's all good though because I really do want to learn how to do things so that I am able to help others out as well.

Back