Home Brewery Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I tried brewing my own once with one of those "kits" you can buy. Miserably failed...

DSC05010.jpg

DSC05009.jpg

DSC05008.jpg

DSC05007.jpg

DSC05006.jpg

DSC05005.jpg

DSC05004.jpg

DSC05012.jpg

DSC05019.jpg

DSC05014.jpg

DSC05015.jpg

DSC05016.jpg

DSC05018.jpg

DSC05017.jpg

I tried brewing my own once with one of those "kits" you can buy. Miserably failed...

Really?

I got one for xmas (a Mr. Beer), and I just tried the first batch last night after fermenting for 3 weeks and priming after I bottled it for 3 weeks, and I was actually pretty satisfied with the results. It was a little on the weak side, and a tad bit too carbonated, but for a first attempt I can't complain.

I also have an Oatmeal Stout already bottled for St Paddy's day, and a Pale Ale fermenting that I plan on saving for Memorial Day Weekend.

The 2 gallon jug it came with made 22 bottles.

I'm still in envy of klyph's new setup though. lol

Definitely missed the joke about open header somewhere along the lines...

Me too. I don't get it. I think it has something to do with getting domed or smashin it sans con-dumb but I'm not sure.

it came from B's, "i need a new exhaust" thread... he kept saying open header and now its stuck w/ him for life.. lol

Awesome man.

Inspiring really, I can't wait to get some room and actually projects like this.

Back