Honda civic engine questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

74MD4N

hello everyone,
I'm Dan from United Arab Emirates and I got a honda civic vti 2004 gulf specifications 1.7 litre engine, honestly i got this car for two years now and i'm very happy with it, my first question is.. i got 17 inch rims with 215/45 R17 tyres, second is i recently changed my full clutch assembly, but why do my RPM goes on 3000 at the speed of 80kms/h ? is there something wrong in the car.. is it because of the tyre or is it because of something else.. if someone would help me with this i will be very thankfull to them

And i would also like to know what engine that car has got is it B16 or D16 or what? and what engine u prefer is more powerfull B16 or D16 i would like to know if i can fix em in my car .. my car is 4 door and a sedan i guess in america its honda civic 4dr ex.. if someone can research on this and help me more about my problem in the above pharagraph and this engine thingy.. im too new for all this..

Thanks alot
Cheers :D

sorry but there i'm lost LOL:S i think i got a 127 hp engine cud u tell me wat engine will be powerfull for me ? thank you
and also i wud like to tell u my friend got the same tyre size and rims and hes got an automatic transmission where as i got a manual and he gets his 3000 rpm at the speed of around 120 or something thanks

well i want to change the engine or make it more powerfull? what you think will be cheaper and better for me ? is a B16 engine will give me more than 150 hp? and if yes how much it will cost me in US dollars, what other things i can do to make my car more better in the way or performance, control?
Really shocked with so prompt response on any forum, really appriciate that

i have got another friend with the same car and specification and has got the same size of rims and tyres (17 inch rims 215/45 R 17 tyres ) but hes touching the 3000RPM at the speed of 120.. the only difference between his car and my car is he has got an automatic transmission where as i got a manual

well i want to change the engine or make it more powerfull? what you think will be cheaper and better for me ? is a B16 engine will give me more than 150 hp? and if yes how much it will cost me in US dollars, what other things i can do to make my car more better in the way or performance, control?
Really shocked with so prompt response on any forum, really appriciate that

Alot of people switch out the single cams for DOHC dual overhead cams.. Which would be the b16.. You will get more power out of a b16 and a bigger range of performance parts. Dont get me wrong there are alot of performance parts out there for the D-series but again not alot of people are interested in them. If I were you and had about 10K to spend I would dump a B16 in there and then turbo it, if your looking for alot of power. Now you said control also, you can get some of the performance parts for a D-series like intake, headers, exhaust, and put suspension stuff on it. It's all really what your goals for the car are and how much you have to spend.. It also helps to know if you know how to turn a wrench or your going to have a shop do it.

hmmmmm i c... well what website you suggest me to buy parts from? and headers exhaust and intake will add hw many more horsepower .. and what type of suspension u prefer.. im totally a newbie in all this modifyin thing.. i luv to speed but i cant make my car faster cuz i dunt wanna get robbed by some shop chargin me somethin extra for soemthing stupid.. thanks alot mate.. will wait for ur reply(Y)

Its a d16

Urm...no. Actually it's a D17. And no, you CAN'T swap a B16 into this car. Your options are to turbo the D17 or swap a K-series engine...

:newbie:

Last edited:
97 hx civic coup

i got a d16y5 that i want to swap out for a b16a2 ,the motor harnes that gos to the ecu is choped,would any one know what kind of harnes i could us;)

97 hx civic coup

i got a d16y5 that i want to swap out for a b16a2 ,the motor harnes that gos to the ecu is choped,would any one know what kind of harnes i could us:D

Your an asshole... and thats why we keep you around what if i was only 1 key stroke off huh huh huh

Happy to be of service! :D

i got a d16y5 that i want to swap out for a b16a2 ,the motor harnes that gos to the ecu is choped,would any one know what kind of harnes i could us;)

i got a d16y5 that i want to swap out for a b16a2 ,the motor harnes that gos to the ecu is choped,would any one know what kind of harnes i could us:D

Fail and fail. Start your own thread, jackass...

okay thats done, but cud someone tell me? why does my car touch 3000 RPM at the speed of 80-90 where as my friend touches 3000RPM at the speed of around 120? as i mentioned before me and my friend has same size of tyres and rims in our car i.e. ( rims size 17 inch tyre size, 215/45 R17 ) we got same engine size 1.7 litre vti or what ever but the only difference in our cars is hes got an auto transmission where as i got manual,, is there any setting needs to be done with tapids or anythin else please lemme know thanks

okay thats done, but cud someone tell me? why does my car touch 3000 RPM at the speed of 80-90 where as my friend touches 3000RPM at the speed of around 120? as i mentioned before me and my friend has same size of tyres and rims in our car i.e. ( rims size 17 inch tyre size, 215/45 R17 ) we got same engine size 1.7 litre vti or what ever but the only difference in our cars is hes got an auto transmission where as i got manual,, is there any setting needs to be done with tapids or anythin else please lemme know thanks

Are they both VTIs? Just because they have the same engine size doesn't mean the engine's the same. And most likely this has to do with the gearing in the transmission anyway, not the engine...

actually you can swap in a b series but to me its just not worth it in that car

Right, yeah. Judging by the questions he was asking I deemed him to be at the level where "you can't swap a B16 into that car" to be a rather accurate answer...

and as you said earlier that i can fix a k series engine in this car how much it will cost me in us dollars thanks and really appriciate for ur reply and tell me how to reput you guys lol

Back