hondata rip off???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aem plug and play is badass... hondata 2/3/4 OWn , hondata s200 OWNZ. that is a cheap rip off of hondata. i bet they have a shitload of bugs in it still..
it took hondata a while to crack that shit... and bugs are still being found.

Hmm, after extensive chatting with them, I'd have to say this is completely different from Hondata.

If you want to compare it to Hondata, you'd have to compare it to a Stage 4 with the pocket programmer and emulator option. That runs $1500 from Hondata.

The most interesting thing about the link system that I found out about, is there are no chips to burn. Make a change? Save it to the ECU directly.

That's very cool, and a serious time saver.

Also, it comes with a 2bar map sensor, and has the option to control a intercooler spray bar. I like that too!

I guess if you're looking for all out power and control, this may just give Hondata a run for their money.

can it be tuned on the fly though? hondata for use in serious applications is a fucking pain since you have stop the car and go through a lot of BS. There are a few units that you can tune much quicker therefor make them a little more versitile

Originally posted by Baker@Oct 25 2002, 04:03 PM
can it be tuned on the fly though? hondata for use in serious applications is a fucking pain since you have stop the car and go through a lot of BS. There are a few units that you can tune much quicker therefor make them a little more versitile

You know, I didn't ask that question! I should have though....

I think he said something like it's more similar to the AEM than to the Hondata, so maybe it can be tuned on on the fly....

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Oct 26 2002, 01:22 PM-->
@Oct 25 2002, 04:03 PM

You know, I didn't ask that question! I should have though....

I think he said something like it's more similar to the AEM than to the Hondata, so maybe it can be tuned on on the fly....

this is my one problem with hondata, if you've ever watched someone at the track tuning and trying to make better runs its a very tedious process

it may not be the easiest thing to do- but that is because it is so powerful.

Its like Visual Basic vs Java.
Vb, you can make a gay little form, and drag and drop some basic scripts in
Java, you can build a fucking operating system out of. yeah, its a lot more tedious, but its much more powerful

Back