how does the oil pressure switch work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, i just finished my LsVtec, and i didnt want to Tee my oil pressure switch off. I just want to get rid of it. Yeah that may sound like a dumb idea, but when have you realy seen the light on other than when your engine was already screwed?

Anyway, does it affect the ecu when its off, and is there a way to bypass it, (resistor, ground it, leave it open circut) or do i just have to pull the bulb out of my cluster?

Unless your ECU is burned to bypass it, I believe the ECU won't let you go into VTEC with the sensor reading no pressure.

If you are talking about the pressure switch on the back of the block, then just get rid of it if you don't want it. It is there only to feed the idiot light in the cluster. I would install an oil pressure gauge if I were you though.

Quoted post[/post]]
Unless your ECU is burned to bypass it, I believe the ECU won't let you go into VTEC with the sensor reading no pressure.
I am pretty sure this is true. Oil pressure is a very important input for the pcm. I highly suggest fixing the problem, not just covering it up.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I am pretty sure this is true. Oil pressure is a very important input for the pcm. I highly suggest fixing the problem, not just covering it up.

Im not trying to cover up a problem. I just dont want the sensor. I do plan on an oil pressuer gauge very very soon, however right now i didnt have money left over for extra fittings and a T' that would with my luck snap off the back of the block. so i just ran the oil line right to it.

And i do my own ECUs. I have the oil pressure check disabled. I just want that damn light off. lol. Im about to pull the bulb from the cluster, like i did the seatbelt. haha. *i wear my seatbelt, but the damn light wouldnt stop flashing*

Back