how has GM been spending your Billions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am trying to get myself back in shape so I can ride my bike to work and home a couple of days a week. Oh and my commute is 18 miles each way. But people see these things and think its the wave of the future. My question is, how many of you folks have actually seen a Segway in person? I was in Portland several years ago and someone was demoing a Segway. Other than that I have never seen one. This is more pointless tree hugging hippy nonsense that will do absoultly nothing for anyone other thank make them feel better with themselves because they recycle and drive a hunk of crap that will cause more traffic accidents and get people killed. But I guess the more folks who die the less of a carbon footprint there is. So maybe its all part of the grand plan to keep Mother Earth clean of the Humanoid infection. Well played GM well played.

If you go to big cities they have Segway tours you can take. Thats the only time I have ever seen them.

ive seen segways used in several airports and malls, for security and maintenance people
other than that yeah pretty much just the segway tours in a few cities... havent really seen anyone rolling around on a privately owned one

I think some people often miss the point of these new creations. It's called R&D for things to come. Remember the guy who thought he could put a fake heart into a living person...I'm sure people talked about it like the way you guys are talking about this.....

these kind of things are not alawys for mass production. It's a creation from new technologies and the things they can do for the future.

While yes this 2wheeled carbike is not really practicle, it's probably a small step into some other vehicle.

I think some people often miss the point of these new creations. It's called R&D for things to come. Remember the guy who thought he could put a fake heart into a living person...I'm sure people talked about it like the way you guys are talking about this.....

these kind of things are not alawys for mass production. It's a creation from new technologies and the things they can do for the future.

While yes this 2wheeled carbike is not really practicle, it's probably a small step into some other vehicle.

My problem with this is GM is taking my tax dollars to create something that will not be implemented for 15 or 20 more years. They should be using that money to pay off the mob bosses (The Union) so they can renegotiate contracts and become soluble again. On top of that I am not a big fan of the hippy environmentalists ideas for this kind of technology. Who here really thinks networking a bunch of cars is a good idea? We cant even keep the Chinese and Russian funded "youth" groups out of NASA.

My problem with this is GM is taking my tax dollars to create something that will not be implemented for 15 or 20 more years. They should be using that money to pay off the mob bosses (The Union) so they can renegotiate contracts and become soluble again. On top of that I am not a big fan of the hippy environmentalists ideas for this kind of technology. Who here really thinks networking a bunch of cars is a good idea? We cant even keep the Chinese and Russian funded "youth" groups out of NASA.

Well, if your tax dollars aren't being used by GM, then it's going to be another company and your not going to be happy with that either...no one is ever going to be happy that their tax dollars are helping other people or companies...you always hear"wahh my tax dollars being used for state funded health care for the poor, or "wahh my tax dollars are being used to pay welfare or unemployment".

not saying your like this but people in general are.

The fact is "your" tax dollars are going to be used for something that is for the most part not going to please you.

Well, if your tax dollars aren't being used by GM, then it's going to be another company and your not going to be happy with that either...no one is ever going to be happy that their tax dollars are helping other people or companies...you always hear"wahh my tax dollars being used for state funded health care for the poor, or "wahh my tax dollars are being used to pay welfare or unemployment".

not saying your like this but people in general are.

The fact is "your" tax dollars are going to be used for something that is for the most part not going to please you.

I understand what you are saying but this is not a good buisness decisions no matter how you slice it. GM is making products that most people do not want anyway they shouldn't be producing something that has close to no chance at ever seeing the light of day. I have no doubt that they started this project years ago but it should have been the first project they cut. Everyone was shitting bricks over the CEO's taking jets to the hill but this kind of vaporware is good? At least with the jet they are able to fullfill their obligation to the Congress criters by being burned at the stake and get back home to actually attempt to save their buisness. If they would have taken this bad boy (which I am sure several people would love to see) it would have taken 9 months.

I do not see how this will fill any sort of need in any way shape or form. Why dont they build an electric buss? We already have the infrastructure in place for an electric buss system. This is a status symbol, it says to everyone hey look at me I love Mother Earth and have way to much damn money.

I am trying to get myself back in shape so I can ride my bike to work and home a couple of days a week. Oh and my commute is 18 miles each way. But people see these things and think its the wave of the future. My question is, how many of you folks have actually seen a Segway in person? I was in Portland several years ago and someone was demoing a Segway. Other than that I have never seen one. This is more pointless tree hugging hippy nonsense that will do absoultly nothing for anyone other thank make them feel better with themselves because they recycle and drive a hunk of crap that will cause more traffic accidents and get people killed. But I guess the more folks who die the less of a carbon footprint there is. So maybe its all part of the grand plan to keep Mother Earth clean of the Humanoid infection. Well played GM well played.

one of the few times ive seen one was in portland too.
and the state fair in sac.

I do not see how this will fill any sort of need in any way shape or form. Why dont they build an electric buss? We already have the infrastructure in place for an electric buss system. This is a status symbol, it says to everyone hey look at me I love Mother Earth and have way to much damn money.

Don't get me started on this....Bottom line...USA is bought and paid for by Oil companies....the technology is there not use gas powered vehicles but their is an unimaginable amountof money to be lost if there is not a gas station every 50 sq feet.

Back