How much boost can a h23 handle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

premierprelude

I have a 92 h23 with 115,000 miles. I am looking for more perforamce out of the engine. I will be running stock internals. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

i would say rebuild the bottom end make it more "bullet proof" and really boost it..
but u can run like 5-8psi with it like u got it now...

Originally posted by rmerrell@Dec 23 2002, 02:25 AM
i would say rebuild the bottom end make it more "bullet proof" and really boost it..
but u can run like 5-8psi with it like u got it now...

PSI don't mean jack! It's all about cfm's! He could run 5,000 psi on a tiny ass turbo. And only run .0005 psi on a large turbo.! Only thing that matters is CFM's!

With that many miles, I'd at least re-ring it and get the cylinders walls rehoned. That's a bare minimum. If you can afford it, replace the pistons, rods and rings while you have the head off.

Thanks guys for your advice. I don't know which turbo to use. I have two at my disposal. A t3 or a td05. The t3 will cost me just a little bit more. If it would be worth it I would spend the extra. I am new to this kind of stuff. I am in to the stereo part more so but i have added so much weight that i want to do something to give it a little more juice. :D

Originally posted by premierprelude@Dec 23 2002, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys for your advice. I don't know which turbo to use. I have two at my disposal. A t3 or a td05

Now the T3... What trim is it?
Now the TDo5... What trim is it?
Those are just the housings for the turbo.

Back