how much hp does a b16a2 have

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
o okay i understand well the reason i said this hp# was because i want too beat my brotherin laws srt4 that has forged pistons and a intake system

which SRT-4 you talkin about? the
first gen neon? 215hp
sen gen neon? 235hp
or the new caliber SRT4? 270-280?

also with a B16 160-170 at most. with H/I/E and ECU you may have about 180ish. maybe. that is still quick for an EK. you may want to lighten the car. race him on the track when you can take out your seats and what not and learn to shift really good.

You won't see 180hp with just bolt-ons and tuning. B16As put down around 140whp even with bolt-ons. B16Bs are rated higher but realistically only put down around 160whp.

first gen neon? 215hp
sen gen neon? 235hp

also with a B16 160-170 at most. with H/I/E and ECU you may have about 180ish. maybe. that is still quick for an EK. you may want to lighten the car. race him on the track when you can take out your seats and what not and learn to shift really good.

Bolt ons, and ITR/CTR cams won't even give you 180 to the wheels. With the best power making bolt ons, cams and ECU you're looking at 165-175ish to the wheels.

first gen neon? 215hp
sen gen neon? 235hp

the srt4 is the 05 acr edition

wait, wait, wait so how much hp does a b16a2 have to the wheels

well i know its annoying but hey im new at this and the civic i have is gonna b my project car

If its your "project car" then just go forced induction. The ONLY way you will be able to make the power goals you are looking for. Do a little searching/reading and figure out what you want/need for your power goals. Use the search tool it does wonders :thumbsup:

im not closing it. the more he posts the more little red dots he gets.

If its your "project car" then just go forced induction. The ONLY way you will be able to make the power goals you are looking for. Do a little searching/reading and figure out what you want/need for your power goals. Use the search tool it does wonders :thumbsup:

because i was thinking of going all motor wanna c how far i can maxx out the b16

this will be the result, your gonna get a max of maybe 180-190 whp. your gonna hate that you spent all your cash on one engine format that cant beat the SRT. then think about more power. after you have torn your engine down once more and realised you had spent all this money on N/A parts that now you need to rebuild and have all these used N/A parts. try to sell them to get a turbo or S/C.... SAVE YOURSELF THE time, pain and effort and get boosted.

this will be the result, your gonna get a max of maybe 180-190 whp. your gonna hate that you spent all your cash on one engine format that cant beat the SRT. then think about more power. after you have torn your engine down once more and realised you had spent all this money on N/A parts that now you need to rebuild and have all these used N/A parts. try to sell them to get a turbo or S/C.... SAVE YOURSELF THE time, pain and effort and get boosted.

Agreed. Go boost.

SEARCH! A mediocre turbo kit will run you 3 grand or more. If you want a budget build and only planning on doing 8-10 psi then a ebay turbo kit should be fine. It really all depends on what you want. I wouldnt boost anymore than 10psi unless your running forged internals. Just do some searching before you ask where to buy a turbo kit. That question has been asked and answered thousands of times.

ARE YOU KIDDING JUST ADDING A 4FT WING GETS YA UP TO LIKE 1000HP BUT WITTH DOWNFORCE TO HOLD THAT BACK 300 MAN............not lol

ARE YOU KIDDING JUST ADDING A 4FT WING GETS YA UP TO LIKE 1000HP BUT WITTH DOWNFORCE TO HOLD THAT BACK 300 MAN............not lol
Now this kid knows what he's talking about! ;) lol
But you cant forget the 5hp gain from the stickers. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back