How Much Whp Have I Really Gained With These Mods?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver_vti

hi there, i'm a little far away from the US but i share your interest in honda vtec engines. Here in PERÚ, i have limited access to quality tuning parts. I have a Civic VTI HB yr 98 with a 1.6 dohc vtec (B16A2) engine. the mods made include: dc sports 4-1 header, ice man air intake system (that one with the pipe), aluminum pulleys, short shifter. The stock bhp for my car is 160, and i would like to know how much power has been gained by these mods. Thanks. Soon i'll post some pics of my ride. i have a BC front bumper cover, enkei RP0M 17" wheels, falken ziex 205/40 tires, koni shocks all over and arospeed coilover suspension. the whole car is silver painted and i believe it is top 3 here in my place.
i would appreciate any help and advice on how to tune my car for maximum performance in all motor. I've heard of substantial power gains by switching to civic type-r camshafts and ecu. is this true?

tks a lot

Miguel Bentin-Meseth

the mods you listed probably bumped you 5 horse or so. nothing big.
the ITR cams will provide a big gain for you. but the require other parts to work well. not just the ecu for the higer revs, but i'd recommend you do valve springs/retainers as well to hold them down. If you get a VAFC, you don't need to change your ECU. simply wire that up- and now you can control your fuel a little better, and up the vtec point if necessary.

But, i just responded to your turbo post. If you are gong turbo, don't waste your time on these mods.

he said ctr cams.. thats what i have.. i've seen dyno charts of like 7-8 whp for those.. although it is different for every car they get put in.. since my work is ALMOST done.. i'm going to dyno my baby over spring break i think. 2 more weeks.

here is what my b16a2 put down to the wheels when i dyno'd it back in october i think...
the mods are listed on the sheet that i had at the time.
click me, image is too big to post
165.7 whp
116.7 wtq

that's almost identical to my setup i think i'm going to dyno over spring break... 2 weeks from now and see what the sol puts down

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 18 2003, 11:08 AM
that's almost identical to my setup i think i'm going to dyno over spring break... 2 weeks from now and see what the sol puts down

nice! i would like to get mine re-dyno'd since i put on the 64mm tb, skunk2 intake, aem fpr, and hondata heat sheild.. see what gains i've made, and its better to tune if you have an fpr, didn't know that the first time i dynod it :bash:

oh yea. i've got an fpr and a itr intake manifold and the itr throttle body too... hopefully i'll put down 170.

my goal was 175 whp when i started building the b16 up... so i'll see how close i am :)

Silver_vti, were you the car of the month on clubsi recently? I remember seeing something about a b16a2 hatch from Peru. If thats your ride than big ups, that things sweet, and even if its not, it still sounds like one hell of a nice hatch.
peace

NM, that was supercharged and not silver, my bad. None the less, it sounds like you Peruvians are gettin better rides than us. Is every country in the world still kickin our ass in the realm of production Hondas? If not than it sure as hell seems like it.
peace

Originally posted by heterosapian@Feb 21 2003, 04:20 PM
Is every country in the world still kickin our ass in the realm of production Hondas?

Yes.

Back