How Much Will It Cost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lp10242k

How much would it cost to have a muffler shop make me mandrel bent piping for my exhaust? Also, how big should i get the piping , 2 1/4", 2 1/2", 3? :huh:

50-100 + pipe cost... pipe isn't that much.

what motor / mods do you have? that determines size

exhaustpiping1.jpg

lol at least theres alot of clearance.

i got my dynomax muffler and custom 2.25" piping installed for $120 at a small, independent muffler shop.

Originally posted by lp10242k@Jan 1 2003, 11:49 PM
How much would it cost to have a muffler shop make me mandrel bent piping for my exhaust? Also, how big should i get the piping , 2 1/4", 2 1/2", 3? :huh:

2.25" - minor motor modifications

2.5" - heavy motor mods, especially if full head work and major intake work were done [70mm TB, port matched, head work etc etc]

3.0" - turbo honda set up [b series and up]

well those are the rules i personally follow when recommending someone what size exhaust

:D

could not find a place around me that did manrel bends so i had to settle for compression bends. It cost me 180 for the thermal muffler and tip and <120 for the instal (including piping) so all and all I spent a little under 300

EDIT* I opted for the 2.25 piping, you dont really need any bigger than that unless you go turbo.

Yeah that does look crush bent...most muffler shops lack the machine to make mandrel bends. You usually have to order the bends and have them cut and weld it into your system. Mandrel bends dont get smaller around the curve, they maintain the same OD

s3e154f9b17dc4.jpg

Notice where i circled the pipe? That looks like the pipe bends out to a different diameter.. i might be wrong.. but it looks crushed!

That pipe is crush bent however unless you have a engine that needs every last bit of exaust flow it really dosen't matter as long as it's done right

well you can order mandrel bent piping online from different places. trust me its expensive but you can do it that way

Back