how much work does it take for a k20 swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

omg header, headers big fuckn deal yall gotta question evrything i say?

LSvtec is cheap and is upgradable and will make decent power. If you want something that is a little bit more powerful(albeit a little bit more expensive), b18c5 is usually the engine of choice. Its the itr engine.

evrything thats been done to it all the body work which im doing again... re did the whole exhaust system replaced the manifold with headers which was a big waste of money considering brakes new clutch and a lighter flywheel. and a cold air intake stupid i kno but i did it. and when i get a new engine i'll do that on my own also. it may not be alot but im proud of my self im a self taught person with an interest shared by no one around me so roll ur eyes or whatevr but im proud of myself so...

You installed all of that yourself? No help?

no i had a little help from my ex but he was just a set of hands he had no idea what we was doing

Yeah... it's not very safe to drop a tranny with no one helping... just saying..

fuck kswaps...drop an ls in there and turbo it..
and yes kswaps are alot..on top of the motor..you need the harness,mounts,shift box,shift cables,alt relocate kit,kpro,fuel lines,etc.....you need mad shit..we have atleast 5-6 kswapped eg hatches here in ct and ive read the parts list for every single one..its extensive,pricey and time consuming

Woah woah woah people ease up, I realise i dont have much pull in this forum as i dont have that many posts but ill throw in my 2 cents anyways.
Cheapest way to go fast is D-series turbo, say what you want but if you dont want/need more than 300whp, d-series turbo will work on the cheap. Forged internals can be bought cheaper than it would be to swap a b-series in, by then you have a motor which is ready for practically any beating you can throw at it. 300whp in a civic is plenty and to be quite honest no one needs more than that, in the end it all depends on your power goals, but for power goals which are reasonable, go d-series turbo, save your self a ton of hassles and money more importantly. I wish after blowing up a built ls-vtec, and having to swap in a b16 that I had of just rebuilt my d15b7 with forged components slapped a turbo on, and i would have been thousands ahead and had alot more power. Now im stuck with a b16 which has pep but its not nearly enough, time for forced induction I would suppose anyone selling a JRSC kit ? haha :)

Last edited:
nevermind i just read your other thread lol you could go b20 with a shot of nos 50-75 shot safely.... quite a bit of power at your disposal, its reasonably cheap, and easy to swap

more people = more worthless opinions passed off as fact.

wtf happened in this thread...some useful information from the older guys but other then that geez. I've been on this forum for awhile..not a big contributor but I've been on here. Frankly all I can tell you is RESEARCH! I remember when Brutal and Celerity always used to tell me that and with a couple different cars, mechanical jobs and swaps all I can tell you is before you do anything research for a long time unless you are a genius. There's so many bumps and hiccups along the way that you can avoid by proper planning. My two cents? Personally a d series is affordable, cheap and cool to do because there is so many options. That being said so is there with a b series. Frankly it's what you want to do and invest in. Although possible H series swaps are a pain in the a**, there just not meant to be thats my opinion and mechanical experience.

Woah woah woah people ease up, I realise i dont have much pull in this forum as i dont have that many posts but ill throw in my 2 cents anyways.
Cheapest way to go fast is D-series turbo, say what you want but if you dont want/need more than 300whp, d-series turbo will work on the cheap. Forged internals can be bought cheaper than it would be to swap a b-series in, by then you have a motor which is ready for practically any beating you can throw at it. 300whp in a civic is plenty and to be quite honest no one needs more than that, in the end it all depends on your power goals, but for power goals which are reasonable, go d-series turbo, save your self a ton of hassles and money more importantly. I wish after blowing up a built ls-vtec, and having to swap in a b16 that I had of just rebuilt my d15b7 with forged components slapped a turbo on, and i would have been thousands ahead and had alot more power. Now im stuck with a b16 which has pep but its not nearly enough, time for forced induction I would suppose anyone selling a JRSC kit ? haha :)

you blew it up because you didnt build it right....i bet you didnt even tune it!

omg header, headers big fuckn deal yall gotta question evrything i say?

Calm down chica....these boys know their shit. They are just trying to help! Show some respect and you will receive some respect. Until then, they will continue to tear you apart... but, you have already been told that in another thread.

The engine was built fine, I didnt run a timing cover, something got lodged inbetween the belt and the cam gears and voila 12.6 mm lift cams and itr pistons with a timing misshap does not mix.

Back