Hy-tech Header

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dvs_prelude

Hey guys,
I just got off the phone with a guy from Hy-Tech exhaust and he claims that if I ditch my Greddy 4-2-1 header and go with their custom header, I'll gain 20whp maybe more! What do you guys think about this? The header costs $1300, and it's customly catered to each engines needs. I'm willing to buy it if I feel like it's worth it. Does anyone on this list have their header? They also offer a money back guarantee if the customer isn't satisfied! What do you guys think?

If it matters, I have a fully built B18C1 putting out 195whp

i have a friend who uses the hy-tech, they are badass! i think i've seen dyno's of them gaining 20hp, can't remember where. they are pricey, but if you're going all out, this is the header to get.

from what it sounds like on that page, (just skimmed it) you get the full exhaust system which ='s header, cat and catback. If that is the case, it really is not that expensive. That is cheaper then buying a comptech header with a mugen twin loop exhaust (comprable quality)

the best performing header i have ever read about was the mugen 4-1 $1100. my friend had one on his gsr and it put the car at 14.2, i h e.

Originally posted by dvs_prelude@Mar 19 2003, 08:53 PM
Hey guys,
I just got off the phone with a guy from Hy-Tech exhaust and he claims that if I ditch my Greddy 4-2-1 header and go with their custom header, I'll gain 20whp maybe more! What do you guys think about this? The header costs $1300, and it's customly catered to each engines needs. I'm willing to buy it if I feel like it's worth it. Does anyone on this list have their header? They also offer a money back guarantee if the customer isn't satisfied! What do you guys think?

If it matters, I have a fully built B18C1 putting out 195whp

actually this header is very good... canek, give chris whitfield a call over at Hook-Ups and he'll tell you that he has had good experiences with hy-tech even though he usues a different custom brand that was made in his shop... alot of people are happy with the hy-tech header...

Hy-Tech exhausts kick ace. If you have the green of course. Other wise, 1300 for 20hp? I'll pass.

actually they list it at 1300 but if you go to one of their dealers its actually about 750-800 [yeah it sounds like alot but if your going balls out all motor, why not get the best of the best]

20 whp for an otherwise stock engine is definitely some :bs: though

yeah but were not talking about a stock engine, we're talking about a civic that puts out 195hp to the ground :D

the best performing header i have ever read about was the mugen 4-1 $1100. my friend had one on his gsr and it put the car at 14.2, i h e.

true, mugen makes a damn good header, but your talking about what you've read... hy-tech isnt an enormous company, they deal only high quality stuff that bgig name racers have used and have proven their quality

Ahhh, it probably would have helped if I read the whole post. Although it still seems like an awful lot of power just from the simplest of bolt-ons.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 20 2003, 03:47 PM
Ahhh, it probably would have helped if I read the whole post. Although it still seems like an awful lot of power just from the simplest of bolt-ons.

yeah it does sound like an awful lot but when i talked to chris he was telling me something like 15hp in the mid range and another 6hp on top end... but yeah they list the price on the site as 1300 and it does sound like an awful lot, but who ever is willing to spend the cash to get top of the line, its well worth it in the LONG RUN [in my opinion] B)

Back