Hybrid Car ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdawson1960

I am getting ready to buy another car now. When gas prices were $4 plus, I was really thinking about buying a hybrid. Now with gas prices back down to $2 or less, should I.

I understand the environment situation, however with the cost of a hybrid being $5k plus more, I will never make the money back over the life of the 4-5 years I am going to keep the car.

So any feedback of your experience owning a hybrid, or why I should or shoulnt would be appreciated.

Well I think you've answered your own question pretty well. If you're only going to have the car for a few years then it's probably not worth it. If you're looking at Hondas specifically, most of them get pretty good mileage anyway, so I'd just go ahead and buy a regular one.

Also, just a little FYI, when you see these forums labeled as "hybrid", that's referring to swapping different motors into different chassis and assembling custom motors using different heads and blocks to make more power. They're not really referring to actual hybrid cars, like the Prius or the Insight or whatever.

I mean it's fine that you posted this here, but just letting you know. We don't really discuss Honda's actual hybrid vehicles much around here, so you might not find a whole lot of information...

Back