hydro vs cable

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

later on down the road when I finally do an LS swap in my hatch I was wondering would it be better to get a cable to hydro conversion or get a cable tranny from an integra and just use that. I'm just wondering if there is a benefit to using one over the other. Any help would be great.

thank

i hate the hydro conversions...they are a pain in the ass and have some flaws...
i would just use a cable trans..they are cheaper than hydro by far

I like the feel of a cable transmission, but I guess that is just preference. The gearing offered in the hydros would be the reason the convert. Aswell as if you go with a EK9 CTR transmission it is dual syncro. I'm pretty sure that is the only B series tranny that had it. Someone may want to correct me.

i too like the feel of the cable tranny..you are in control of the clutch not the fluid being in control

and cable is good because you have the same ooptions for gearing as you do in hydro..theres the b16 trans,the b17(gsr) and the regular ls

I herd that the gsr has the shortest gears and ls has the longest, is that true?

lol there are a ton of ls trannies..i got mine for $125..they go for usually $175-200

I have a '98 Spec ITR tranny, and the hasport cable to hydro conversion. STAY AWAY from it. Its garbage. I'll be converting my car to full hydro this winter.

I was hoping I might get some links to go away and do a lot of reading and hopefully learn something. I am considering a 2wd wagon project car as a parts car. It was getting switched from automatic to standard. Not driveable. Comes with hydro-cable converter which I can't imagine using, especially since I don't understand its purpose or benefits yet. Anyone willing to post some links or what keywords I want to use in a search engine would be much appreciated.

88,4RT

Back