Hyper Ground Wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I didn't read all of that.. but I have 4ga stinger platinum power/ground wire as my battery wiring and terminals. Fuck that wirebrush feeling stock shit.

And i would never pay for a "Kit" to do this... i'd go buy some 8 gauge power wire, and a bunch of ring connectors, solder the ring connectors on, put some heat shrink tubing around them, and call it a day...

I agree.......

PLUS A WAStE oF $$$$$$$$$

Originally posted by ek9r@Mar 14 2003, 05:20 PM
house receptacles (sockets) have either 15A or 20A depending on the size of the circut breaker you have feeding them. As for the hyper ground system, it is not needed, and is a waste of money. example: connect the positive side of the battery to either tb, im, tranny, or whatever else, gauranteed, it sparks. WHY? . . . . . . because it is already all grounded bacause aluminum is a good conductor.

WTF are you talking about, i guess the words impedance or resistance means nothing to you. Of course the engine is grounded but there is still alot of resistance in those grounds. The less resistance in the grounds, the better the current flow, the hotter the sparks and the more power. Why would you spend money on an MSD ignition system only to have it work at less then 100% by giving it shitty grounds to work through.

And BTW the circuit breakers in your house dont " feed " the outlets, they protect them from excess current draw. If the circuit breakers in your house were bridged, you could draw as much power as you want from them before the wires in the wall would start to melt. Also aluminum is not a very good conductor, thats why they stopped using it in houshold wiring in the 70s.

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si+Mar 14 2003, 05:37 PM-->
@Mar 14 2003, 05:20 PM
house receptacles (sockets) have either 15A or 20A depending on the size of the circut breaker you have feeding them. As for the hyper ground system, it is not needed, and is a waste of money. example: connect the positive side of the battery to either tb, im, tranny, or whatever else, gauranteed, it sparks. WHY? . . . . . . because it is already all grounded bacause aluminum is a good conductor.

WTF are you talking about, i guess the words impedance or resistance means nothing to you. Of course the engine is grounded but there is still alot of resistance in those grounds. The less resistance in the grounds, the better the current flow, the hotter the sparks and the more power. Why would you spend money on an MSD ignition system only to have it work at less then 100% by giving it shitty grounds to work through.

And BTW the circuit breakers in your house dont " feed " the outlets, they protect them from excess current draw. If the circuit breakers in your house were bridged, you could draw as much power as you want from them before the wires in the wall would start to melt. Also aluminum is not a very good conductor, thats why they stopped using it in houshold wiring in the 70s.

ILL BE BACK TO PROVE YA WRONG........
Im lazy...... right at this momment

good grounds are an essential part of a performance setup. period.

Back