I Finally I Got My Civic...motor Is Coming Next

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

whats up. i finally got my ride...96 ek civic hb, and now i want to get an ls. The thing is that ive been reading through the forums and i know that i need a b18b that came from a 1996+ car because of the obd2. What i wanted to no is when i go get my motor...how can i make sure that im getting a motor with obd2...i no it will be an LS because ill read b18b off the block...but how will i no its from a 96+? thanks.

different style valve cover, this is the 96+ style

s3de916686ade3.jpg

the sensor on top of the intake manifold is seen in this pic, near the center. Only 96+ have those.

s3de94b79c0514.jpg

how do the 95 and below look like...what distingushing features should i look for?

i just noticed...there is a hose that runs from the center of the Intake mani. into the top center of the valve cover.

Originally posted by 22crazy@Jan 18 2003, 05:09 PM
how do the 95 and below look like...what distingushing features should i look for?

On a 1996+ B18B, the valve cover is flat over the cams (as you have seen). On 1994-1995 motors, the areas over the cams are kind of stepped, with higher areas alternating with lower areas. ZC motors have a similar type of valve cover.

On the 96+ motors have the PCValve on the valve cover(the hose that goes to the mainfold) the 95 and below doesnt have the PCValve on top of the valve cover it is located on the intake manifold.

Back