I Got a New Job---I think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm pretty sure that stunt they tried to pull on you is illegal. You MUST be paid for any un-used vacation time earned when leaving, even if they fire you.

I'm pretty sure that stunt they tried to pull on you is illegal. You MUST be paid for any un-used vacation time earned when leaving, even if they fire you.

Depends on the state and employment laws. In Oregon the employer is not obligated to pay any unused vacation or sick time.

Payment of fringe benefits upon termination of employment. (Sec. 31-76k). If an employer policy or collective bargaining agreement provides for the payment of accrued fringe benefits upon termination, including but not limited to paid vacations, holidays, sick days and earned leave, and an employee is terminated without having received such accrued fringe benefits, such employee shall be compensated for such accrued fringe benefits exclusive of normal pension benefits in the form of wages in accordance with such agreement or policy but in no case less than the earned average rate for the accrual period pursuant to sections 31-71a to 31-71i, inclusive

CT labor law leaves it up to employer policy or collective bargaining agreement.

Last edited:

He's most likely salary-exempt......

The job is great so far. I love the commute. they gave me a Thinkpad T510 540m I5, a Blackberry Bold, 3G Mobile hotspot, wireless card, a high end blue tooth. So far so good, just getting into it. Will be traveling some next month....can't wait....very happy

Back