i hate my car now

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pewble

I replaced my coolant temp sensor and my fucking thermostat and my radiator and my hoses and my fan switch sensor.. and now i know my fan turns on.. so thats like everything in my cooling system.. but my car still over heats after like an hour of driving my temg gauge will rise up and go up and down for a long time, slowly rise up and stay hot as hell... but my engine and radiator cool normally and there is coolant in the resivour but then there is wayyyy less coolant in my radiator i have to add it constantly..after driving more than an hour at a time that is..

I talked to a mechanic and he say its probly my head gasket, starting to go out... GREAT its the first fuckin SNOW this year right now... so i have to replace that shit now.. do you guys think its hard to do???
I am thinkin i just need to throw an EX motor in cause its stronger and easier to do.. i have d15b7 he says they are notorious for head gasket issue... please respond yallz i need to get to work!!! :worthy:

doesn't sound like a headgasket issue unless theres coolant in your oil or oil in your coolant. I'd bet if your cooling system wasn't taken care of the blades rotted right off your water pump.

check or replace the radiator cap, hoses, water pump, tensioner and timing belt... fuck it replace the radiator too.

d15b7's are notorious for blowing HG's. If your losing a lot of coolant and you don't see a leak anywhere check for the following things like mentioned above;
Oil/Coolant mixture, your oil & or coolant will look milky
White smoke from the exhaust
You can also do a compression test.

yea my peoples... i have a hard time starting when there low coolant then i FINALLY start the fucker and rev it a bit, there will be white smoke like a fucker out the back then it drives all crazy, again... i never did replace water pump is it hard?? yall think i can do that myself im all about NOT paying labor charges...

well...while at the water pump, do your timing belt too then, u drove over 100k without changing, and I dont believe the previous owner changed it at 40k, 140k now and i think it's time for a new water pump and timing belt

sounds like its definately a head gasket

swap it out

It's getting the crank pully bolt off that's going to be the bitch. Mostly, it's just time consuming.

its all about how you go about it
i prefer the 1/2 inch impact

My HG has a slow leak as well. Not the cataclysmic coolant-out-the-tailpipe kind, but theres black sludge in my overflow bottle.

Do what I'm gonna do - mini-me swap. You have to take the head off to change the GF anyways, so what not throw a new head on as well?

Granted theres the whole deal of oil and electrical stuff, but its easier than swapping in a brand-new D16.

yea i thought about mini me or ex swap.. but nah i dont need to put all that work in there for no reason... 27 ponies...nah... i think ill swap the HG out and then just keep it mostly stock until its b16 SiR II time baby whoooooo

hey man... don't worry about changing anything other than the head gasket..(i just had this, i hate my car problem..) don't worry.. it's not that hard.. all you need is some hand tools.. and a torque wrench.. just disconect the intake and exhaust manifold take off your distributor.. disconnect the colant lines going to the head... drain your radiator at the same time.. drain the oil.. pop off the plastic little piece over the timing belt.. mark the cam gear with white out.. and also mark the belt at the same spot and pop the timing belt of to the side (to take the head off) leave the the camshaft intact.. (don't take it out) and take the head bolts off(in the right sequence).. then once the head is off pull out your frost plug for the colant located in the engine block behind the exhaust manifold.. put the frost plug back in.. put the new head gasket on.. then the head goes back on.. tighten the head bolts(in proper sequence) put the timing belt back on..(by using the white out marks) put the little plastic piece over the timing cover.. connect the intake and exhaust manifold.. connect the colant lines.. put the distributor back in.. put some oil in and a filter on.. and some colant.. start it up and enjoy..

ps:if you need any more instructions.. drop me a line @ koni_civic_hatch@hotmail.com

Back