i have a d15b7EG.....I NEED A EASY POWER SWAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I OWN A 1993 CIVIC EX WITH A D15B7 IN THERE.......I WANT MORE POWER AND LESS HEADACHES........
WHATSSS EASIER A D16Z6...............OR A B16A2........
HELP.........PS I WORK IN A GM DEALERSHIP...........LOL
WHAT MOTORS WILL FIT THAT TRANNY(ITS A HYDRO)

Why do you have a DX motor in a EX? Swap in a D16Z6, the motor that is supposed to go in there. Or swap a B series, opr boost, or supercharge, or n20, or.....figure out what route you want to go.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 11 2005, 11:13 AM
Why do you have a DX motor in a EX? Swap in a D16Z6, the motor that is supposed to go in there. Or swap a B series, opr boost, or supercharge, or n20, or.....figure out what route you want to go.
[post=511103]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont know why i have a dx heap in here!!!!!!!
a d16z6 is the easiest route but i want more power!!
which b series do u recommend .???????
in my auto shop which i work in my boss is a hardcore dinosaur(GM AND V8}{
he only swap with oem motors that was in there orignally!!!!!
we never did a swap AND I'M CURIOUS SINCE I HAVE ALL THE TOOLS

B series swaps are basicallty the same as D series swaps, as the CIvics have B series in them in the rest of the world. As far as what's the best one, that would be determined by you budget, and end result. B16A being the cheapest B18C5 being the most expensive.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 11 2005, 07:05 PM
B series swaps are basicallty the same as D series swaps, as the CIvics have B series in them in the rest of the world.
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

YEA TRUE
i've already turbo charged a 240sx.......and the motor i swap 4 in the honda i want 2 turbo charge it in the long term......which motor will b more beneficial(strong)
(THANX)ALSO
swappin a obd 2 in a obd1......will a obd2 motor fit my tranny
i would rather try 2 re use my tranny

hahahahah you work at GM!!! i worked at a GM dealership now im actually getting paid working for a REAL company. tell GM to shove it... i walked out!

umm actually dude if you want more power then a D16Z6...tell you the truth check this website out first (turboD16.com) its a forum like this there are some mean ass EX's on there one beat a boosted prelude and a 5.0 mustang..the SOHC are ALOT cheaper then B-series and you will most likely have to change axles if you go to a B-series..my opinion...go with a D16Z6 and turbo it..thats what I am doing

Originally posted by triniDEMON+Jun 12 2005, 01:42 AM-->
@Jun 11 2005, 07:37 PM
Yes, it will fit.
[post=511235]Quoted post[/post]​

yea thanx
wtf is a long block motor .........what does this refer 2
[post=511238]Quoted post[/post]​

Longblock = head, block and oil pan, sometimes it willcome with the intake manifold, exhuast manifold, and the accessories, sometimes not, depends on the seller.

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jun 11 2005, 09:41 PM
umm actually dude if you want more power then a D16Z6...tell you the truth check this website out first (turboD16.com) its a forum like this there are some mean ass EX's on there one beat a boosted prelude and a 5.0 mustang..the SOHC are ALOT cheaper then B-series and you will most likely have to change axles if you go to a B-series..my opinion...go with a D16Z6 and turbo it..thats what I am doing
[post=511262]Quoted post[/post]​

thank u 4 the tip
it was helpful

Originally posted by Pewble@Jun 11 2005, 09:34 PM
hahahahah you work at GM!!! i worked at a GM dealership now im actually getting paid working for a REAL company. tell GM to shove it... i walked out!
[post=511260]Quoted post[/post]​

haha
where do u work.....r u an apprentice or what

omg no! you have to change axels if you do a b-series swap!!! OMG NO!!!!!!!!1

are you freaking kidding me?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 15 2005, 08:46 AM
are you freaking kidding me?
[post=512410]Quoted post[/post]​

just some info you might want to know d and b are not compatable so if you have your heart set on the crap tranny stick with a d and booooost the shit out of it and the b18(ls) would be the cheapest b to go with
B16A being the cheapest B18C5 being the most expensive.

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jun 15 2005, 11:17 PM
just some info you might want to know d and b are not compatable so if you have your heart set on the crap tranny stick with a d and booooost the shit out of it and the b18(ls) would be the cheapest b to go with
B16A being the cheapest B18C5 being the most expensive.

[post=512604]Quoted post[/post]​

B18A1 would be the cheapest to buy, BUT since it has a cable clutch, you can tack on either a conversion kit, or a hydraulic transmission, and if you happen to find an OBD 0 one plan on either paying more for OBD I parts, or a huge aspirin bill from the wiring headache. B18B LS motors generally run the same price as the B16A, adn since I see a lot more people going 1.8 the price of a second hand B16A is on average lower :)

Back